SaintyCo dosator capsule filling machines are high-tech equipment that can fill a range of capsule sizes such as OL -5, 000L-5, SUPRO A-E, D-B, DBAA, etc.
SaintyCo dosator capsule filling machines are available in three series – Z40, Z85 and Z180. Their production capacities range from 40,000, 85,000 to 180,000 capsules/hour, respectively.
We can also customized the dosator capsule filling machines based on your detailed requirements.
To ensure high quality and consistent capsule filling, SaintyCo dosator capsule filling machines feature unique technologies such as double-row dosator structure. Moreover, the SaintyCo Z-series have an industrial PC operating system, automatic lubrication and dosing system.
The 3 dosing station for combined dosing and the number of capsules per cycle make SaintyCo dosator capsule fillers a perfect choice for most pharmaceutical applications.
SaintyCo dosator capsule filling machines have a modular design for easy change over. To fill pellets, they use a micro-dosing capability with vacuum suction compressed air blow principle.
All these guarantees high production capacity and consistency of the filling process.
Key Features of SaintyCo Dosator Capsule Filling Machine
- Conform to the cGMP/GMP and CE standards
- Uses an FDA approved material
- A perfect choice for combined dosing for pellets, powder, tablets or a combination of any two
- High production capacity machines
- Highly accurate due to patented design
- A rotating scale for easy dosing adjustment
|Number of capsules per cycle||4||6||11||19||30|
|Capsule sizes||000L-5,SUPRO A-E,D-B,DBAA||0L-5||0L-5||00L-5|
|Maximum installed power(Kw)||10||14|
|Standard voltage||230-400V 50-60Hz|
|Aspiration||3,850 L/MIN 2,500mm H2O||5,100 L/MIN 3,200mm H2O|
|Closed size(L*W*H mm)||960*1216*1800||960*1279*1928||1400*1396*1900|
|Opened size(L*W*H mm)||2650*2650*1800||2650*2650*1928||3120*3120*1900|
Dosator Capsule Filling Machine: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Whether you want to fill standard or low weight capsules, dosator technology offers a perfect solution.
Today’s guide offers an in-depth insight on dosator capsule filling machine.
Let’s take a look:
What is Dosator Capsule Filler Machine?
A dosator capsule filler is a device that employs the dosator principle in filling hard gelatin capsules.
Dosator capsule filling machines have body sections and pins which rotate as it fills hard gelatin capsules in different doses.
What can you fill in Capsules using Dosator Capsule Filler?
You can fill different types of products inside capsules using the dosator capsule filler.
Here are the main substances that you can fill inside a hard gelatin capsule.
What are the Parts of Dosator Capsule Filling Machine?
It depends on different parts to perform various functions for a successful filling process.
Here are the parts of the dosator capsule filler machine that will assist in the filling of hard gelatin capsules.
Dosator capsule filling machine
· Powder Bed
This is the part of the machine where you will fill up with the right powder amounts for filling purposes.
· Capsule Trays
You will place all the empty hard gelatin capsules on the capsule trays before you sort them out for filling purposes.
· Dosator Pin
This is the pin at the tip of the dosator capsule filler equipment with a cavity that fills up once it plunges in the powder bed.
· Dosator Plunger
This is the whole unit of the dosator capsule filler that plunges into the powder bed.
It is responsible for applying the necessary pressure that the dosator capsule filling machine requires for proper sucking of powders.
· Dosator Cavity
You will depend on the dosator cavity to provide enough room that will allow the filling up of the filling powder.
· Dosing Block
You will depend on the dosing block for the successful dosing of the right amount of filling powder into the dosator cavity.
It also has various pistons which compress the filling powder and forms a slug.
· Electrical Unit
The electrical unit will provide the dosator capsule filling machine with the power it needs for successful operations.
· PLC Control System
You will key in or program the production parameters of the dosator capsule filling machine from the PLC control system.
· Automatic Lubrication System
Lubrication system will automatically grease all the moving parts of the dosator capsule filling machine to reduce friction.
· Transport System
It has conveyors and guiding rails which will guide the hard gelatin capsules through different stations using the machine.
· Automatic Sensors
Dosator capsule filling machines have automatic sensors that will detect malfunctions on the dosator capsule filling machine.
· Pneumatic System
You will depend on the pneumatic system to provide enough pressure for sucking and ejecting filling powder.
What is Doctoring in the Dosator Capsule Filling Process?
Doctoring is the process of cleaning the tip of the dosator capsule filler machine.
When filling up the cavity which is normally at the tip of dosator capsule filler equipment, some powder might remain.
To get rid of the powder, you will have to clean it through a process of doctoring the dosator capsule filling machine.
Dosator capsule filler process
How Does Dosator Capsule Filling Machine Work?
Step One: Incoming Stage
First, you will power the dosator capsule filling equipment and leave it in operation mode.
At this stage you will make sure that all the machine parameters are in perfect working conditions.
You will also fill up the powder bed with enough powder for the dosator capsule filling process.
The dosator will move straight to the powder bed as soon as the operations commence.
As soon as it plunges into the powder, the filling material will flow into the dosator tip.
The dosator plunger is the main determinant of the size of cavity within the dosator pin.
Step Two: Compaction Stage
Once in the dosator cavity, the dosator capsule filler will compact the filling material.
Using the dosator plunger, the machine will compress the filling material into dosator cavity.
This will create more room and space for filling more filling material into the cavity.
Step Three: Retraction Stage
When the dosator cavity is full to capacity, it will move from the powder bed with the filling material.
As it moves towards the filling section, an empty dosator pin will move towards the powder bed section.
The empty pin will plunge into the powder bed for filling as the full one goes through the doctoring stage.
Step Four: Doctoring Stage
Doctoring is the process where the machine will clear off the unnecessary filling material from the tip of the pin.
The machine will clear off the filling materials from the tip of the pin.
Step Five: Ejection Stage
The ejection stage is the stage where the machine will fill the empty capsules.
As the machine fills the filling materials into the dosator pins, it will also prepare the empty capsules.
It will load the empty capsules on a capsule tray and move it to the filling station.
It will eliminate the caps from the bodies and set the bodies in readiness for filling purposes.
Dosator capsule filler equipment has vacuum systems which assist in the separation of the caps from the body.
After that, the machine will
automatically eject the filling material into the body of the empty capsules.
As soon as the empty capsules fill to capacity, the machine will replace the caps back on the body.
Finally, it will lock up the caps to the body and allow them to move to the subsequent stages of inspection.
Dosator filling process
Can you Use Dosator Capsule Filler for Low Fill Weight Capsules?
Yes, you can use the dosator capsule filler to fill low weight capsules.
You can achieve this through proper adjustments of the dosator nozzle.
You should note that the diameter of the capsule matches that of nozzle that fills the empty capsules.
In this case, you will redesign the nozzle of the dosator capsule filling machine by reducing the size of the nozzle.
This will alter the performance of the dosator capsule filling machine which you will have to adjust accordingly.
Here are the main reasons why the dosator capsule filler is suitable for filling low weight capsules.
- You can easily predict the performance as well as the output of the capsule filler.
- Dosator capsule filling machines have a very high level of accuracy and precision through proper production controls.
- You can also scale the filling process of the dosator capsule filling machine accordingly.
- Apart from that, you can integrate and automate the machine with other existing systems.
What are the Benefits of Dosator Capsule Filling Machines?
Dosator capsule filling machines have numerous advantages that allow you to properly fill empty gelatin capsules.
Here are the main advantages of using the dosator capsule filler equipment:
Dosator capsule filler
- You can use the dosator capsule filler machine to fill low weight capsules of empty gelatin capsules.
- You can easily predict the output and performance of the machine this reducing anxiety and anticipation of the filling process.
- You can use dosator capsule filler equipment for large scale production since it guarantees high production output.
- Apart from that, you can easily scale the production output of the dosator capsule filling machine.
- It also allow for automatic size changeover according to your production specifications.
- The equipment also allows you to easily adjust the parts of the dosator separately from other parts.
- Additionally, dosator capsule filling machines come with automatic sensors which will detect any form of malfunction in the system.
- You can easily control the accuracy as well as the precision since the machine has very high levels of production controls.
- What’s more, you have the opportunity of integrating the machine with other machines in a production line.
Are there Limitations of using Dosator Capsule Filling Machine?
Unfortunately, you will experience a few setbacks while you are using the dosator capsule filling equipment.
Here are some of the setbacks that will influence the performance of the dosator capsule filling machine.
- The initial cost of purchasing as well as installation of a dosator capsule filler is higher.
- Apart from that, you have to train on the basics of operating the machine including proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Due to the size, you will have difficulty in moving the machine from one place to another.
What are the Features of Dosator Capsule Filler Equipment?
Some of the main features of this capsule filler equipment include:
- Production capacity with a maximum output of 75,000 pieces per hour for pellets.
It is capable of producing 36,000 to 55,000 pieces of hard gelatin capsules when filling powders.
- It comes complete with 10 stations and 9 bores that can fill different capsule sizes.
- It features an automatic vacuum cleaning system and enclosed turn tables for enhanced efficiency.
- For proper control, the machine has a SIEMENS PLC control system with HMI interface.
Which Capsule Sizes can you use with Dosator Capsule Filler?
Empty gelatin capsules are available in different sizes and fill weights.
You must have the right or definite production specifications before you decide on the right size.
Here are some of the factors that you have to keep in mind as you evaluate the size of empty gelatin capsules.
- Length of individual caps of the empty hard gelatin capsules
- Overall length of the entire capsule when the cap and body are intact.
- Weight of the hard gelatin capsule.
- Typical fill weights of the hard gelatin capsules.
- Theoretical volumes of the hard gelatin capsules.
- Diameter of the hard gelatin capsules.
With the above information at hand, you can easily specify the right size of the hard gelatin capsule you need.
Basically, the sizes of the empty hard gelatin capsules range from 000. 00, 0. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Implying that 000 is the largest size while 5 is the smallest size of the hard gelatin capsules.
How do you Troubleshoot Dosator Capsule Filler Machine?
As you use the dosator capsule filler, you will experience a few hitches here and there.
Well, to know where the problem started, you need to troubleshoot the dosator capsule filling machine.
Here are some of the problems that you might experience and how you can sort them out.
1) Failure of Capsule to Separate
You might go through a few stages where the capsules fail to separate.
This can be as a result of the failure of the vacuum system in handling the separation of the hard gelatin capsules.
You can sort this by adjusting the vacuum separation system accordingly.
2) Inconsistency in Fill materials
You may also find out that the filling materials is inconsistent with colloids found in powders among other issues.
This may be as a result of improper mixing in the colloid mixer or medicine mixing tank among other types.
You can sort this out through proper calibration of the mixing machines so as to mix the materials efficiently.
3) Damages on the Hard Gelatin Capsules
The tooling system can cause damages on the hard gelatin capsules during various process.
You can sort this out through proper calibration of the machine and proper greasing of moving parts.
What are the Quality Standards for Dosator Capsule Filler Equipment?
When you are enquiring about dosator capsule filling machines, you have to ensure that it adheres to different quality standards.
Here are the main quality standards that a dosator capsule filler machine adheres to.
- cGMP for the current good manufacturing practices of the capsule filling machine quality standards.
- International standards organization (ISO) certification quality standards.
- CE quality standards which dictates the right quality of the electrical system of a dosator capsule filling machine.
- FDA for the food and drug administration especially in the United States.
- WHO for the world health organization since it deals with pharmaceuticals adhering to particular health standards.
How do you Clean Dosator Capsule Filling Machine?
You need to clean and properly maintain a dosator capsule filling machine as it will serve you longer.
The cleaning process has proper stipulations and guidelines in the cGMP regulations.
Here are the steps that you will follow to successfully clean a dosator capsule filling machine.
Dosator capsule filler tooling system
1. Powering of the Machine
First, you have to make sure that you power off the machine and ensure no electric power is flowing.
This will guarantee your safety as you proceed with the cleaning process.
Apart from that, you will leave the machine to cool down before commencing the cleaning operations.
You can begin the cleaning process by cleaning the outer surfaces of the machine after it cools down.
2. Dismantling the Machine Parts
In a bid to clean the internal parts of the dosator capsule filling machine, you need to dismantle the parts.
This allows you access to the internal greasy parts after inspection of mechanical driving system.
You can have a cleaning time interval maybe of 500 hours of operation as you proceed with the cleaning process.
3. Replacing the Worn-out Parts
In this case, you will inspect and confirm the parts that are degraded through wear and tear.
In the cleaning process, you will remove the worn-out parts and then replace them with new ones.
4. Lubricating the Moving Parts
The cleaning process also involves lubrication the moving parts with enough grease.
This will allow the moving parts to move swiftly without friction interruptions.
5. Assemble the Parts
Finally, you will put all the other parts together and then test the machine to ensure it is working properly.
You have to note that it is important to clean your dosator capsule filling machine at regular intervals.
Here are the specific instances that you can follow when cleaning the dosator capsule filling machine.
- After long operations of the dosator capsule filling machine
- During the process of changing from one fill material to the next.
- After leaving it in unused state for a longer period of time.
Which Support Equipment do you need alongside Dosator Capsule Filler Machine?
You will need other machines to assist you in the production of a complete hard gelatin capsule.
Here are the main support machines that will assist you in making a complete hard gelatin production line.
· Capsule Polishing Machine
This machine will help in getting rid of excess debris that might stick to the cover of the hard gelatin capsules.
· Capsule Sorting Machine
You need a capsule sorting machine to sort out different types of capsules into different shapes and sizes.
· Hard Gelatin Capsule Pulverizer
You will need a pulverizer to recycle the hard gelatin capsules that have defects thus reducing wastage of ingredients.
· Hard Gelatin Inspection Machine
After successful filling, you will need the inspection machine to check the quality of the hard gelatin capsules.
· Medicine Mixing Tank
This is an important device that you will need for mixing the medicine or inner fill materials for filling capsules.
· Vacuum Mixer
A vacuum mixer is a machine that you will use to homogeneously mix the ingredients for making inner fill materials.
· Colloid Mills
You will need a colloid mill to assist you in reducing the sizes of the solids of the filling materials.
Is Dosator Capsule Filler Suitable for filling Liquids and Suspensions?
You will use the dosator capsule filing machine for filling dry materials.
The dry materials that you can fill within hard gelatin capsules include powder, tablets, granules, and pellets.
Implying that you cannot use the dosator capsule filling machine in filling suspensions and liquids.
For liquids and suspensions, you can choose Softgel encapsulation machine.
Which material can you use to make Dosator capsule Filling Machine?
You can use different materials to make the dosator capsule filling machine.
You need to make sure that the materials are durable and hygienic since pharmaceuticals are sensitive products.
The main material that guarantees your machine durability, as well as proper hygiene, is stainless steel.
Apart from stainless steel, you can use other materials such as rubber linings for insulation purposes.
What is the difference between Softgel Capsule Filler and Dosator Capsule Filling Machine?
Softgel capsule filler or Softgel encapsulation machine and dosator capsule filling machine differ significantly but with certain similarities.
Here are the main similarities between the two types of machines:
- Both machines are automatic capsule filling machines with the capability capsules at a high speed.
- Both machines work with high level of accuracy in filling capsules
Despite the similarities, there are differences between the two types of machines.
Here are the major differences between the two types of machines.
Softgel vs dosator capsule filling machine
· Types of Capsules
You can use the dosator capsule filler machine to fill hard gelatin capsules.
On the other hand, you will use the softgel capsule filling machine to fill soft gelatin capsules.
· Types of Filling Materials
You will fill powders, pellets, granules and tablets in hard gelatin capsules using the dosator capsule filling machine.
On the other hand, you will fill suspensions and liquids in soft gelatin capsules using the softgel encapsulation machine.
What is Auger Capsule Filling Machine?
An auger capsule filling machine is a type of machine that fills capsules using the auger filling method.
You will use the auger capsule filling machine to fill substances that you cannot fill using vibration or compression.
You can use the auger capsule filling machine to fill health food products.
It also has a compact design that allows it to fit in smaller spaces thus conserving the space.
How does the Volumetric Principle in Capsule Filling Work?
The volumetric principle in capsule filling work is the process of filling pellets and granules using gravity principle.
You will control the volume using the dose container and a movable fixed slider block.
You can decrease or increase the capsule fill weight using the threaded spindles operated knob.
It also comes complete with a dial gauge which helps in recording the displacement of the slider block.
For precise dose setting, the dial gauge has a least counting of one micron
It also has unique design which will ensure that there is no damage on the pellets as you fill the machine.
The operation sequence that the dosator capsule filling machine will got through while using the volumetric principle include:
- Feeding of capsules, aligning, inserting into capsule bushes after which the capsules will separate.
- After that, the machine will remain in an idle state for a while before exposing the capsule body.
- The open body of empty capsules will move to the dosing station where the machine will fill it up.
At this point, the machine will accurately fill tablets, powders, and pellets through the volumetric principle.
- As the filling continues, the machine will eject the unopened capsules and recycle them.
- Finally, the machine will close the open capsules before discharging them for additional processing.
- After the discharge, the machine will clean the segments by vacuum and air.
How does Tamping Pin and Dosator Technology compare in Capsules Filling Process?
Dosator and tamping pin capsule filling machines are the two most convenient types of machines for filling hard gelatin capsules.
Tamping Pin vs Dosator Filling
Here is a comparison that will guide you through the similarities as well as the differences between the two machines.
The similarities between the dosator and tamping pin capsule filling machines include:
- In both tamping pin and dosator capsule filling machines, powder has to change into slug before filling of the capsule.
- You can depend on the two technologies to guarantee you accurate and high production rates.
- You can use the dosator and tamping pin capsule filling machine to fill pellets and powders.
- You can adjust the dosator and tamping pin filling machines to fill capsules of different sizes.
Despite the similarities, both dosator and tamping pin capsule filling machines have their differences.
Here are the main differences between dosator and tamping pin capsule filling machines.
- You can use the dosator capsule filler but not the tamping pin filler for micro-dosing of different powder applications.
- You can only use tamping pin technology for automatic machines but you can find manual dosator capsule fillers.
- Dosator capsule filling has a completely different working principle from that of the tamping pin capsule filler.
Clearly, dosator technology offers a reliable and effective capsule filling solutions.
Whether you want to fill standard sizes or low weight capsules, it is definitely a perfect solution for you.
For the best capsule filler equipment, contact SaintyCo now