Gelatin Capsules: The Ultimate Guide
Gelatin capsules are convenient alternatives to the bitter-tasting, unpleasant, and hard to swallow tablets.
They are common methods for taking blends of custom diet supplements, vitamins, and herbal supplements among others.
In this guide, you are going to learn about every fact on gelatin capsules including how it works among others.
Benefits of Using Gelatin Capsules
Some of the reasons why you should take gelatin capsules are:
- Affordable heap in comparison to vegetable capsules
- In increases the bioavailability of poorly soluble nutrients
- Easy to swallow because of the smooth texture
- Helps in masking the bad taste and odor of other supplements such as tablets
- Dissolves very easily after digestion
- Available in different sizes such as 3,2,1,0,00 and 000
- Has hermetical and tight seals making them tamper-proof and protects the inner materials from destruction by environmental factors.
- Safe alternative to consume as it comes from healthy sources such as animal products.
Uses of Gelatin Capsules
You can use gelatin capsules for quite a number of functions including:
Figure 2 Types of gelatin capsules
- Hard gelatin capsules are acid resistant and delay the release of the inner active ingredients.
It serves as a great alternative for people who experience stomach irritation when they consume Softgel capsules.
- Improving the health of your skin and enhances the tone and evenness of the skin.
It enhances the production of collagen in the body thus reducing the formation of wrinkles by tightening the skin.
- Providing enough protein to the body resulting to healthy hair and better finger nails among other protein functions.
- Aiding in digestive functions and health by improving the ability of the body to digest foods and beverages.
- Ease of joint pains by improving muscle action through the amino acids in gelatin
- Assist in controlling the blood sugar levels in your body
- Maintain healthy bones by preventing the deterioration of cartilage that help in maintaining the bones in place.
- Aiding in weight loss due to high protein content and low calorie content.
- Improving the quality of sleep by enhancing energy and supplementing the body with enough gelatin that fights fatigue.
- Improving the quality of your liver through the detoxification functions of the amino acids glycine.
- Ingestion of certain key materials such as dietary formula to assist in treatment of different diseases such as phenylketonuria.
Limitations of Gelatin Capsules
Gelatin may not be an option for some people mainly because: