Labeling Machines: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
I know you’re probably looking for high quality and reliable labeling machine.
A reason this guide covers everything you need to know about labelling machines – from designs, features, specifications to working principle, just to mention a few.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What Is A Labeling Machine?
- What Are The Function Of Labeling Machine?
- Why Is Labeling Products Important?
- Which Types Of Labeling Machine Are There?
- Which Features Should You Look For In Labeling Machine?
- Is There Labeling Machine With Barcode Printer?
- How Much Does Labeling Machine Cost?
- How Do You Determine Speed Of Labeling Machine?
- Can You Use A Single Labeling Machine For Varying Product Shapes?
- How Accurate Are Labeling Machines?
- Do Labeling Machine Have Warranty?
- Do You Customize Labeling Machine?
- Which Certifications Should Labeling Machines Have?
- Do You Have Replacement Parts For Labeling Machines?
- How Do You Conduct Factory Acceptance Test For Labeling Machines?
- Can You Integrate Labeling Machine Into Existing Production Line?
- How Do You Troubleshoot Labeling Machine?
- How Much Power Does Labeling Machine Use?
What Is A Labeling Machine?
Most products you purchase have labels with details about that specific items.
Labeling machines or labelers are the specialized machines that attach labels to various products.
A Labeling Machine
Typically, labeling machines can either carry out the below types of labeling:
- Single Side Labeling
- Double or Multi-side Labeling
- Bottom and Top Labeling
- Wrap-around Labeling
Wrap Around Labeling Machine
What Are The Function Of Labeling Machine?
As the name implies, the Labeling machine is primarily used in applying labels to various items, packages, or containers. However, this is not the only function a Labeling machine can perform.
Depending on the type, a labeling machine can print labels. Consequently, such a labeler can be considered all-in-one equipment, thus more efficient.
Why Is Labeling Products Important?
Most, if not all, industries use Labeling machines. The industries range from the post offices, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, gifts, and toys; to electronics and automotive industries.
The labels applied to the various items or containers primarily provide relevant details concerning the product.
For example, a label attached to a piece of electronic equipment will contain the item’s part number. With the part number visible, it is easy to sort the various electric components from the same manufacturer.
Alternatively, consider the shipping or mailing industry. The products being mailed or shipped have to be tracked. Since you can easily scan most labels, Labeling the specific item or package will allow for a more efficient tracking.
Labels Provide Additional Details About A Product
The above scenarios are simply the tip of the iceberg on the importance of Labeling products. Below is a summary of the essentiality of labeling:
- Identification – Labels give the product its identity. Most products are well known to us, not because of their packaging, but their labels.
- Detailing – Details about the product are contained on the label. The pharmaceutical industry includes important details about a drug on the label. Also, the food and beverage industry uses labels to inform the user of the various ingredients of a product.
- Marketing – How you brand your product is core in the marketing of the item. Labels are part of product branding. Industries use colorful and appealing labels as a marketing and branding strategy.
- Sorting – You can use labels to sort various items at home or in industries. A perfect example is in libraries, where most books are sorted using specific categorical labels.
- Grading – Most industries produce similar products with different ingredient concentrations. Such industries apply labels to their various products to easily grade them and avoid any mix-ups.
Which Types Of Labeling Machine Are There?
Labeling machines are available in various types to suit your needs. For example, there are specific types of labeler that are ideal for industrial used, while others are for home or personal use.
Knowing the broad categories of the Labeling machines is essential in purchasing or acquiring a labeler. Below is a detailed description of the different types of Labeling machines.
· Manual Labeling Machine
Manual labeling machines are labelers that need human assistance in applying labels in packages, items, or containers. In simple terms, manual labelers are hand-operated.
Manual Labeling machine
Benefits Of Manual Labeling Machine
- Cheap – Compared to other Labeling machines, manual labeling machines are relatively less expensive.
- Easy to Use – Provided you understand the basics of the specific manual Labeling machines, it is easy to operate.
- Low maintenance – Manual Labeling machines have a low maintenance cost since they are mostly used for small-scale labeling.
- Energy Saving – Manual Labeling machines do not need connection to a power source to operate. Consequently, they help in saving energy and also power costs.
Limitations Of Manual Labeling Machine
- Time-consuming – Using a manual labeling machine can be time-consuming depending on the number of Labeling items.
- Difficult to measure accuracy – To accurately place the labels using the manual Labeling machine, you will need to manually position the item and the label correctly.
- Low output – Compared to automatic Labeling machines, the manual ones have a low output; making them undesirable for industrial use.
- Labor Intensive – Operating a manual Labeling machine can be labor demanding since the machines the machines require manual operation.
How Manual Labeling Machines Works
Manual Labeling machines for labeling bottles or containers usually have a simple structure. It comprises an axle, a handle, and a part for holding the item or product.
The label (in rolled form) is placed in the axle. The container is then placed on to the section that holds it. To fix the label to the container or bottle, the handle is rotated, consequently releasing the label and pressing it onto the container.
Notably, modern manual Labeling machines are designed to suit labeling on flat surfaces. However, the operating principle is more or less similar to the one described above.
Where To Use Manual Labeling Machine.
Commonly, the manual Labeling machines are used in:
- Bulk Mailing
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Medical Industry
Importantly, manual Labeling machines are used in applications that do not require high hourly output since human exhaustion limits the Labeling process.
· Semi-Automatic Labeling Machines
Unlike manual labeling machines, the semi-automatic Labeling machines are electrically powered. However, the labeling process in these machines is initiated by an operator. Also, the operator will again remove the product after it is labeled.
Simply put, a semi-automatic Labeling machine has the actual labeling automated. On the other hand, the removal and insertion of products to be labelled is manually done.
Benefits of Semi-automatic Labeling Machines
- Cheaper – Semi-automatic Labeling machines are a cheaper Labeling option compared to the fully-automatic Labeling machine.
- Faster – Through automation, the semi-automatic machines quicken the labeling process.
- Flexibility – Semi-automatic labeling machines can accommodate a wide range of products, unlike manual machines designed to label only one product type.
- Accuracy – Owing to the automation of the labeling process in the machine, there is a high degree in the application of the labels.
- Configuration – Some semi-automatic labeling machines allow for individual configuration such as an integration of a printing unit. With a printing unit, you can print your adhesive labels which are later applied as labels.
Semi Automatic Labeling Machine
Limitations Of Semi-automatic Labeling Machines
Need of operator – Labeling using a semi-automatic requires an operator who initiates the labeling process and removes the labeled products from the machine.
Ideal for small batch numbers – Using the semi-automatic Labeling machine to label large batch numbers is time consuming and tiresome due to lack of full automation.
Working Principle Of Semi-Automatic Labeling Machine
The Labeling process in a semi-automatic labeler is initiated by pressing the power-on buttons simultaneously or using a foot pedal.
Before powering the machine, the operator needs to insert the products requiring label into the machine manually.
Once the products are manually fed into the machine, the products will move to the Labeling compartment, popularly referred to as applicator. In the applicator, a label is applied to the product or item.
After labeling, the products exit the applicator. The operator again manually removes the products from the machine.
Where To Use Semi-automatic Labeling Machines
Some of the industries that use our semi-automatic Labeling machines include:
- Pharmaceutical industry – For labeling small and round vials, bottles, and syringes
- Food and beverage industries
- Chemical industries
- Wine Industries
Conclusively, most if not all industries can use semi-automatic Labeling machines. However, the semi-automatic labeler is ideal for small batch numbers.
· Fully Automatic Labeling Machine
Fully Automatic Labeling Machine
From its name, a fully automatic labeling machine is an equipment that is fully automated to carry out labeling of products or items independently.
The fully automatic labeler requires minimal human/operator intervention during operation. However, it is heavily dependent on an energy source for its operation.
Benefits Of Fully Automatic Labeling Machine
Full automation gives this labeler several benefits, including:
- High Labeling Speed – Compared to the previously discussed machine types, the fully automatic Labeling machine has a high Labeling speed.
- High Precision – Programming the fully automatic Labeling machine correctly will ensure a high level of accuracy while labeling your products or items.
- Cost-effective – Although the initial cost of the machine is arguably high, the machine significantly reduces the labor input required, and at the same time, increases the output.
- Durable – Generally, a fully automatic Labeling machine can last anywhere between 8 to 10 years or even more
- Versatile –With versatile Labeling styles and functions, most industries can use the fully automatic Labeling machine for their Labeling needs.
- Low-maintenance cost – Vertical fully automatic labelers, for example, rarely becomes dirty or has low probability of molds developing in the machine
- Easy to Use – Once you get the gist of correctly programming the fully automatic labeler, it is easy to use since over 90 percent of the process is automated.
- Full and partial wrap Labeling – It is possible to conduct either a full or partial wrap Labeling of your product, depending on your preference.
Limitations Of Fully Automatic Labeling Machine
- Expensive – Fully automatic Labeling machines usually have a high initial cost compared to the manual and semi-automatic Labeling machines.
- Energy-dependent – A power source is a prerequisite for a fully automatic Labeling machine to operate.
Working Principle Of A Fully Automatic Labeling Machine
The fully automatic Labeling machines have some key components aiding its functioning. These include:
- A conveyor belt
- Mechanical Fixing Device
- A mechanical system comprising a Labeling wheel, a reel, a driving wheel, and a rotary automatic Labeling machine.
With an idea of the main parts of the fully automatic labeler, we can now look at how it operates with these parts working simultaneously:
First, the conveyor belt feeds the products into the labeling machine.
On the conveyor belt, the mechanical fixing device separates the items to allow for labeling sequentially.
From the conveyor belt, the items proceed into the mechanical labeling system. Here, the driving wheel pulls the Labeling tape from the reel and presses it on to the product.
To ensure accurate label positioning, fully automatic labelers have sensors that detect the registration mark on the labels. If the label is not in the correct position, the drive wheel will readjust.
Note: For the fully automatic labeler to operate efficiently, the Labeling wheel and the product should move at the same speed. Implying, the conveyor belt should have the same speed as the Labeling wheel.
As a result, most fully automatic labeler machines have an auto-synchronization feature to allow for quality labeling.
Where To Use Fully Automatic Labeling Machine
You can use fully automatic Labeling machines in a wide range of products including round items, plastic products, glass products, tapered products, and boxes.
Hence, you can apply the fully automatic labeler in a wide range of industries, including:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food and Beverage industry
- Construction industry
- Cosmetic Industry
- Data Collection
- Electronics and Communication Industry
· Double Side Sticker Labeling Machine
First and foremost, most Labeling machines are one side Labeling machine i.e., applies label on only one side of an item.
From the above statement, you can define a double side sticker labeling machine as an equipment that applies labels on two side of a sticker. That definition can suffice.
However, an important thing to note is that this equipment can simultaneously apply two different labels to an item. Consequently, the double-side sticker labelers can further be divided into front and back labelers or top and bottom labelers.
The various types of labelers we will discuss can also double up as double-side sticker Labeling machines depending on the design or customization.
Benefits Of Double Side Sticker Labeling Machine
- Versatile – You can use the double side sticker labeler on different bottle or container shapes such as rectangular, round, oval, square, etc.
- Precise Labeling – With the auto-synchronization of the labeling and conveyor speed, the double-side sticker labeler delivers precise labeling.
- High output – The double-side sticker labeler allows you to label an average of of 120 items per minute on both sides.
- Ease of operation – It is easy to adjust our double side sticker Labeling machines. What’s more, these machines need minimal part replacements.
- Customization – The double-side sticker labelers are highly customizable. For example, we can design the labelers to apply body wrap and single labeling.
Limitations Of Double Side Sticker Labeling Machines
- You cannot use the double side sticker labelers for single-side labeling unless customized.
- Also, you have to connect the double-side sticker labelers to a power source for them to operate.
Working Principle Of Double Side Sticker Labeling Machine
The conveyor belt linearly moves the products to be labeled to the Labeling station. Importantly, the items are mechanically spaced on the conveyor to allow for efficient labeling.
The Labeling station has a mechanical roller that simultaneously sticks the labels on the items as they are deposited from the conveyor.
If you are working with a customized double side labeler that has a printing device, the machine can simultaneously print other details alongside the sticker labels.
Modern double side labelers have a camera to ensure accurate labeling. If the pre-determined Labeling accuracy is not adhered to, the camera will trigger the machine to power down.
After the item is fully labeled, it is deposited into an out-feed tray.
Double Side Sticker Labeling machine
Where To Use A Double Side Sticker Labeling Machine
You have seen several products labeled on both sides. The primary application of the double-side labelers is in Labeling bottles, containers, jars, and containers of various shapes and sizes.
Some common industries that use the double side sticker Labeling machines include:
- Cosmetic Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Gifts Shops
- Agricultural Industry
- Food and beverage industry
· Square Bottle Labeling Machine
As the name implies, the square bottle labeling machine is specifically designed to add sticker labels on square bottles.
Square bottle labelers can either carry out a full wrap or partial wrap labeling, depending on the machines model.
Benefits Of Square Bottle Labeling Machine
- Specialized – Since they are specifically designed for square bottles, the square bottle labelers offer high accuracy in Labeling square bottles.
- High precision – Some square bottle labelers come with servo motors to aid in precise label dispensing.
- High Production rate – The automation, specialization, and precision of the square bottle labeler makes it fast – resulting in a high production rate.
- Time-saving – Square bottle labelers are considered cost-effective since you won’t be wasting much time trying to recalibrate the machine to fit other bottle shapes. You simply crunch a few buttons, and you can label any square bottle.
Limitations Of Square Bottle Labeling Machines
The square bottle labeler has one main limitation that arises from its design. Unlike other types of labelers that can cater for various bottle shapes, it can only cater for the labeling of square bottles
Working Principle Of Square Bottle Labeling Machine
How A Square Labeling Machine Works
The working principle of the square bottle Labeling machine is more or less similar to that of other bottles labeling machine.
The square bottles are delivered to the labeling unit via a conveyor. On the conveyor the bottles are mechanically spaced. Also, the conveyor accelerates and decelerates depending on the speed of the Labeling wheel and reel.
In the labeling unit, the label is dispensed via a wheel and reel which operate in the same speed with the conveyor.
Where To Us Square Bottle Labeling Machine
Generally, you can use the square bottle Labeling machine in any industry that uses square bottles such as:
- Food and beverage Industry – Such as the beverage bottles
- Cosmetic Industry – Such as Shampoo and Perfumes bottles
- Agricultural Industry – For example, some fungicide bottles
- Soap and Detergent Industry
· Round Bottle Labeling Machine
Like the square bottle labelers, the round bottle labelers can either aid in a full wrap or partial wrap of one bottle shape, round bottles.
Round bottle Labeling machines can either be manual, semi-automatic, or fully automatic. However, the manual ones are gradually being phased out.
Benefits Of Round Bottle Labeling Machine
- High Productivity – Since most round bottle labelers are either automatic or semi-automatic, they have a high output rate.
- Efficient – Our round bottle labeling machines are equipped with an AC motor that controls the in and out feed, making the labeling process efficient.
- Energy-saving – Most of our round bottle labelers employ a single-phase power supply system which reduces the energy required for the machine’s operation
- Specialization – The specialization of the round bottle labeler makes it more reliable in labeling and sorting round bottles
Limitations Of Round Bottle Labeling Machines
Similar to the square bottle labeler, the round bottle labeler is specifically designed for round bottles and cannot be used for other bottle shapes.
Working Principle Of Round Bottle Labeling Machines
The working principle of the round bottle Labeling machine will differ depending on the level of automation.
The bottle is manually placed on the labeling unit in manual round bottle labelers. The operator then rotates a handle attached to an axle, attaching the sticker to the round bottle’s surface.
The bottles are delivered to the Labeling unit via a conveyor then labelled automatically and simultaneously for the semi-automatic and full automatic round bottle labelers.
Where To Use Round Bottle Labeling Machines
Any industry that uses round bottles to package its various products can use the round bottle Labeling machine.
Some common industries that use the round bottle labeler include:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food and beverage industry
- Detergent industry
- Chemical industry
Automatic Round Bottle Labeling Machine
· Pressure Sensitive Labeler
Pressure-sensitive labelers are specifically engineered to aid in efficiently dispensing sticky labels. The labeler ensures that no label is wasted and that all labels are accurately applied.
Notably, stickers used in the pressure-sensitive labeler have an adhesive glue backing to ensure firm adhesion of the labels.
Benefits Of Pressure Sensitive Labelers
- Prevents wastage – The pressure-sensitive labelers have special sensors that ensure no instance of double labeling.
- Efficient – After dispensing the labels, the machine unwinds the label backing material for disposal
- Versatile – The operator can easily select various labels for different applications from the display on the labeler.
- Integration – You can easily integrate the pressure labeler into existing systems to enhance Labeling accuracy and speed.
- Customization – It is possible to customize the pressure labeler. Some common customization options include the addition of conveyors and printing machines
Limitations Of Pressure Labeling Machines
A primary limitation of the pressure-sensitive labelers is that they can only dispense sticky labels. This will limit the types of labels you can apply to an item.
Working Principle Of Pressure Sensitive Labeling Machine
For customized labels, you can feed the labels through a printer before they finally go into the pressure-sensitive labeler.
Alternatively, the labels can be fed into the machine via rolls.
Once the labels are in the labeler, they are sensed by an air-blow applicator that retains them by vacuum in a vacuum grid.
Consequently, as the item passes through the vacuum grid, the label is blown onto the product’s surface.
To remove any wrinkles and ensure firm fixation – the machine has specially designed brushes that press on the label.
Notably, there are sensors located at the peel tip of the labels to prevent any double or multiple labeling.
After labeling, the labeler rewinds the label backing material for easy disposal.
Pressure Sensitive Labeling Machine
Where To Use Pressure Sensitive Labeling Machine
The application scope of pressure-sensitive labelers is wide. You can use it in the:
- Shipping Industry – To label various pallets and packages
- General Product Industries – For Attractive labeling
Importantly, the pressure-sensitive labelers are ideal for expiration dates and barcodes labeling.
· Vertical Labeling Machine
A vertical labeling machine is a labeler specifically designed to conduct side labeling of various products or items.
Benefits Of Vertical Labeling Machine
- Compact – The vertical labelers are compact hence occupy minimal space
- Programmable – Most vertical labelers are computer-controlled, with the capability of accepting close to 50 programs
- Smart detection – Our vertical labelers have sensors that can detect not only the end reel but also transparent labels
- Versatile – Our vertical labelers are designed to accommodate a wide range of labels.
- High Production Rate – With vertical labelers, you can achieve a labeling speed of more than 150 products per minute.
Limitations Of Vertical Labeling Machine
The main limitation of a vertical labeler is that it is specifically designed for Labeling the product sides. Also, most if not all vertical labelers need to be connected to a power source for them to operate.
Working Principle Of Vertical Labeling Machine
Similar to other automatic labelers, once the product enters the Labeling unit – the reel and the sensors work hand in hand to dispense the label on the product.
The label is then pressed onto the product to attain firm and wrinkle-free labeling.
Vertical Labeling Machine
Where To Use Vertical Labeling Machine
Vertical labelers are used for label print and apply application in most industries, with the common ones being:
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Cosmetic Industry
· Flat Surface Labeling Machine
This equipment is ideal for applying self-adhesive films or labels on the surface of products.
Benefits Of Flat Surface Labeling Machine
- Highly stable hence can support long operation hours
- Automatic thus prevents any mislabeling or waste of labels. It also dispenses and applies labels accurately.
- Easy to operate since you can quickly adjust different parameters when labeling from the control panel.
- It has a firmly fixed label reel that prevents label shifting during the label application process.
Limitations Of Flat Surface Labeling machines
You can only use the flat surface Labeling machine in Labeling a specific product range i.e. products with flat surfaces. It is not ideal for round products.
Working Principle Of Flat Surface Labeling Machine
The product is fed into the labeling unit via a conveyor equipped with a mechanical system to separate the products.
Once in the Labeling unit, the driving wheel intermittently drags the label from the reel. Concurrently, the label wheel presses the label onto the product’s surface.
Since the labels are closely connected, the label wheel continually starts and stops to prevent any double Labeling.
Where To Use Flat Surface Labeling Machine
Flat surface labelers are mainly used in Labeling the surfaces of products such as boxes, books, cartons, folders, among other articles.
Some key industries that widely apply this equipment include the:
- Printing Industry
- Stationary Industry
- Shipping Industry
- Electrical Industry
- Food and Beverage Industry
A Flat Surface Labeling Machine
· Wrap-around Labeling Machine
The chances are that you have come across a container with a wrap-around label. The wrap-around labeler is the applicator the carries out that specific type of labeling.
The labeler can either partially or completely wrap the label around the product’s circumference.
Benefits Of Wrap-around Labeling Machine
- High Precision – These applicators are highly precise to ensure that the wrap-around label comes out professionally and decently
- Time and Cost-saving – Wrap-around Labeling is tedious and time-consuming when done manually. These labelers help save on the time and the labor required for labeling.
- Ease of operation – Since most wrap-around labelers are automatic, the machine will do the bulk of the Labeling process provided you program it correctly.
- Versatile – Labeling with a wrap-around labeler is possible from both sides of the container. It is also ideal for containers of various shapes and sizes.
- Efficient Labeling – Wrap-around Labeling is considered efficient since it adequately utilizes the surface of the container
Limitations Of Wrap-around Labeling Machine
Wrap-around Labeling machines work with products having a specific shape.
Also, the labelers mostly require sticky labels for efficient labeling.
Working Principle Of Wrap-around Labeling Machine
The labeling unit of a wrap-around labeler is specifically designed to guide the label around the container.
First, the labeler precisely sticks the ends of the labels onto the container/tube, then presses it onto the item.
Importantly, the label should be able to accurately fit the container’s diameter.
Where To Use Wrap-around Labeling Machine
Wrap-around labelers are mostly used in the:
- Pharmaceutical industry – For Labeling bottles, vials, inhalers etc.
- Food and Beverage industry – For Labeling canned food containers, bottles, jars, etc.
Multiple Surface Labeling Machine
The multiple surface labeler can label products of various shapes, including tetra boxes.
Benefits Of Multiple Surface Labeling Machine
- Versatile – It can label products of various shapes. Also, it can conduct both single side and double side Labeling.
- Low error rate – It has an orientation device that minimizes the error in label application.
- Easily adjustable – The multiple surface labeler is easily adjustable to meet your Labeling needs.
Working Principle Of Multiple Surface Labeling Machine
The multiple surface Labeling machine has a specially designed Labeling unit that can be adjusted to the product shape.
Also, the machine easily dispenses labels on various surfaces depending on the programming during labeling.
Where To Use Multiple Surface Labeling Machine
If you are looking to label products with irregular shapes, then the multiple surface Labeling machine would be ideal.
· Multi-function Labeling Machine
You can tag this type of labeler as a jack of all trades. This labeler can achieve two-sided circumferential labeling. What’s more it accommodates products of different materials, shapes, and sizes.
A Double Side Multi Function Labeling Machine
Benefits Of Multi-function Labeling Machine
- Highly versatile – The multi-function labeler can use various types of labels and can label products of different shapes and sizes. The labeler can carry out both full wrap and double-sided labelling.
- Integration option – You can easily integrate the multi]-function labeler in a production line. What’s more, it is easy to extra equipment such as a printing device on this labeler.
Limitation Of Multi-function Labeling Machine
Due to a wide range of applications, the multi-function labeler usually has a high price tag attached to it.
Working Principle Of Multi-function Labeling Machine
A multi-function labeler mainly utilizes a conveyor. As the conveyor moves the products at intervals, the labeling unit presses the label on each product simultaneously.
Where To Use Multi-function Labelling Machine
A multi-function labeling machine can be used in almost all industries packaging their products in containers of any shape.
· Tube Labeling Machine
Tube labeling machines are commonly used in laboratories to label various test tubes for easy categorization.
Most automatic tube labelers use sticker labels. However, there are modern ones that use barcode labels.
Benefits Of Tube Labeling Machine
- Fast and efficient – A tube labeling machine provides you with a platform for labeling test tubes precisely and quickly.
- Accurate – Since the tube labeler is less prone to error, unlike human labeling, you can be confident that your tubes are accurately labeled.
- Compact – The compact design of tube labelers makes them occupy less space and easy to move around.
Limitations Of Tube Labeling Machine
One main limitation of the tube labelers is that they are specifically designed for labeling tubes and cannot be used for other products
Working Principle Of Tube Labeling Machine
There are various designs of tube labeling machines; hence the working principle differs.
Some tube labelers (especially sticker labelers) have labeling units with straight extensions. The tubes move from the hopper into one of the straight extensions. As the disk holding the extensions rotate, the tubes are labeled.
Other tube labeling machines use the conveyor mechanism, which transports the tubes to the labeling system. The conveyor then further moves the tubes as they are labeled.
As mentioned earlier, tube labeling machines operate in various ways depending on technological sophistication and engineering.
Where To Use Tube Labeling Machine
Tube labelers are widely used in laboratories to aid in the labeling of test tubes
Automated Tube Labeling Machine
· Labeling Machine For Syringes
Some labeling machines can label various products. At the same time, some labelers are designed specifically for use in the pharmaceutical industry for Labeling vials, syringes, carpules, and ampoules.
Most syringe labelers are either fully-automatic or semi-automatic.
Benefits Of Syringe Labelers
- Specialization – Because the syringe labelers are specifically designed for the pharmaceutical industry, they will help you with the quality Labeling of your pharmaceutical products.
- Precision – Precision is closely related to the specialization of the syringe labelers. These labelers are built in a standard manner to carry out precise labeling on various pharmaceutical products.
- Accurate Label Placements – Most syringe labelers also are equipped with vision cameras to enhance accurate label placement.
- Customization – Depending on your need and the products you plan on labeling, your manufacturer should be able to customize your syringe labeler.
- High speed – Automatic syringe labelers have high speeds. Notably, specific ones can attain a speed of up to 500 labels per minute.
- Quality Control – Our modern syringe labelers reject either non-approved labels or syringes, hence enhancing quality control.
- Printing Machine – Most of our syringe labelers have an inbuilt printing machine that helps print the required details on the label.
Limitations Of Syringe Labelers
Syringe labelers do not have many limitations apart from the basic ones such as:
- Cost – Most syringe labelers have a high initial cost
- Energy-dependent – Since most syringe labelers are either fully automatic or semi-automatic, they rely on a power source to operate.
Working Principle Of Syringe Labelers
The syringe labeler has a rather straightforward working principle similar to other labelers.
Once the syringe is fed into the labeler via a conveyor belt, it is detected by the sensor. Upon detection, the sensor sends a signal for commencing of label dispensing.
After the label has been fixed, a roller presses it down – smoothening the label.
For semi-automatic syringe labelers, the working process will be more or less similar, only that the operator will have to position the syringes manually.
Where To Use Syringe Labelers
Syringe labelers are mostly used for Labeling cylindrical items in industries such as:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food and beverage industry
- Production Industries
Semi Automatic Syringe Labeler
Which Features Should You Look For In Labeling Machine?
Labeling can be a tedious process without the correct equipment. In the past, labeling was labor-intensive and time-consuming. However, in the present era of technological advancements, the Labeling process has taken a new shift.
All this is attributed to the introduction of modern and advanced labelers in the market. However, you may fall into the trap of purchasing a machine that is not effective.
Having that in mind, let’s highlight some key feature considerations you should make when purchasing the right labeling machine.
Ease of operation –Operating the machine should not be a hard nut to crack; on the contrary, it should lessen your workload.
Label dimensions – Consider the label dimensions the machine can dispense. Preferably, the machine should be able to accommodate various label dimensions.
Speed – The speed of a labeler should be able to meet your projected output level.
Ease and frequency of maintenance – Ideally, most modern Labeling machines are designed to require minimal maintenance. If need be, the maintenance should be easy to conduct.
Label roll type – Different labelers have different label roll types, with the common ones being film, paper or foil. Consequently, ensure that the label roll meets your requirement.
Machine size – Simply put, the machine size should be able to fit your production house adequately.
Versatility – Preferably, you should consider a machine that can label items of various shapes and sizes. However, if you specialize in a particular item shape or size, you can select a machine specifically designed for the same.
Note: The features to consider will all boil down to what you require. Thus, we would advise you have an idea of what you need before you go out hunting for the perfect labeler.
Is There Labeling Machine With Barcode Printer?
Yes, there are labeling machines that have bar code printers. This makes such labeling machines more efficient and saves on time.
Moreover, some labelers have room for customization; hence, barcode printers can easily be integrated.
A Barcode Printer
How Much Does Labeling Machine Cost?
Labeling machines cost any amount between 270$ to 6400$. The variation in the cost is due to the different features that each machine has. Below are examples of how features can dictate the price of a labeler.
Labeling machines that can label various products with different shapes and sizes are more expensive than those that only label one specific product shape or size.
Industrial labelers (typically large) will fetch higher price tags than other labelers, which are smaller in size.
Lastly, a machine with a lower output rate is cheaper than one with a higher Labeling speed and output level.
How Do You Determine Speed Of Labeling Machine?
The speed of a labeling machine is calculated in terms of how many items or products it can label per minute.
A labeling machine is considered fast if it can dispense labels to many (over 100) products per minute.
An important highlight is that the speed of the conveyor is determined by how fast the Labeling unit is to enhance accuracy.
Can You Use A Single Labeling Machine For Varying Product Shapes?
Yes, most labeling machines can accommodate products of varying shapes and sizes.
However, some labelers are specifically designed to accommodate one product shape, such as the round bottle labeler or the square bottle labeler.
How Accurate Are Labeling Machines?
The accuracy of a Labeling machine depends on the machine’s programming (for automatic labelers). For the semi-automatic and manual ones, the operator’s accuracy might affect the precision.
Importantly, with the increasing technological advancements, we can comfortably rate the accuracy of rating machines as excellent.
Our main reason for such a rating is due to the fact that most modern labelers are equipped with cameras that aid in precise labeling.
Do Labeling Machine Have Warranty?
Labeling machines have warranties divided into machine warranty and core components warranty.
The core component warranties are shorter, usually not more than one year. On the other hand, the machinery warranty is usually longer but not more than 5 five years
Do You Customize Labeling Machine?
Our main business is satisfying the needs of our clients. For this sole reason, we customize our machines as per your specifications.
Also, we do have already manufactured machines with room for integrating ancillary equipment such as a printer or conveyor. This is geared towards enhancing efficiency and Labeling speed.
Which Certifications Should Labeling Machines Have?
Certifications are essential to ensure you, the end-user, acquire quality and durable machines. The standard certifications include:
- GMP Certificate – For adherence with the internationally accepted manufacturing practices.
- CE Certificate – To ascertain the electrical components are up to standard.
- ISO Certificate – As an indication that the machine meets the internationally accepted standards
Do You Have Replacement Parts For Labeling Machines?
Yes, we sell replacement parts for our labeling machines. After the elapse of the warranty period, you will need to buy and replace any worn-out parts.
You must purchase genuine spare parts to avoid any damage that may occur to your labeler due to fake or substandard parts.
How Do You Conduct Factory Acceptance Test For Labeling Machines?
A Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) is essential to ensure that the labeling machine is built and operates as per the outlined specifications.
A FAT simply entails visiting the manufacturer’s premises and conducting actual tests on the machine using real-life samples.
Most manufacturers require that you make a down payment before scheduling any FAT. Generally, a FAT may last for one to two days.
The FAT test will give you the confidence and surety you need as you purchase a Labeling machine.
Can You Integrate Labeling Machine Into Existing Production Line?
Most Labeling machines can be integrated into production lines. By integrating the labeling machines, your production process will be more efficient since you will produce packaged and labeled products.
How Do You Troubleshoot Labeling Machine?
Despite requiring minimal maintenance, labelers once in a while experience failures. The table below will help you troubleshoot and solve the common problems you are likely to encounter.
|Problem||Possible Cause||Possible Solution|
|Labels curl away from the product||Excess adhesiveStiff labels|
Poor roller compression
|Reduce adhesive amount by adjusting the meter bladeClean the rollers and wipers|
Manually cause the labels in the right direction by flexing them
|Labels are not picked out of the hopper||Label is tightly gripped by the hopper prongGlue build up on hopper prong||Clean the hopper prongsLoosen the hopper prongs|
|Adhesive smearing on bottles or labels||Express compressionExcess adhesive|
Use of freshly printed labels
Glue build up on hopper prongs
|Reduce adhesive amount by adjusting the meter bladeLoosen the wipers|
Clean the hopper prongs
|Blistering/wrinkling of labels||Poor compression or wiper action|
Grip finger may have adhesive
|Clean or adjust the wipersClean the grip finger|
Some problems are not directly related to the machine; we refer to them as labeling problems. We have highlighted some common Labeling problems below.
|Problem||Possible Cause||Possible Solution|
|Label Wrinkling||Wrong label material for the product.Irregularities in your product|
|Ascertain that you are using the right label material for your product.Ensure there are no irregularities (such as dents) on the item|
|Label Flagging or Bulging||The label is too large for the productThe label is not the right shape for the product||Properly size your labelEnsure that the adhesive on the label is strong|
Ensure the label is made from the right material
|Label Tearing||Repositioning of the labels||Try using a tear-resistant labelConsider using repositionable adhesive for easy repositioning of labels|
|Labels peeling||Label application in cold environments.Label application on greasy, dirty, or damp surfaces||Ensure you clean the product surface before labelingAllow time for your labels to stick adequately prior to shipping the products.|
Check that you are applying the labels incorrect temperature conditions
How Much Power Does Labeling Machine Use?
The power required to operate a labeling machine will vary depending on the labeler and the motor type installed on the machine.
Generally, most labelers require a power threshold of between 120v to 380v.
For any questions or inquiry on bottle labeling machine, contact us now.