Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum
SaintyCo bins and drums are cGMP compliant equipment made from high-grade stainless steel. Whether for pharmaceutical or food processing industries, our bins and drums are durable, hygienic and easy to clean; for any material handling tasks.
Every SaintyCo bin and drum is precisely fabricated to meet our standard designs or specific customer requirements. Be it small, medium or large SaintyCo bins and drums; you can use it along with other pharmaceutical equipment.
Bin and Drum for Pharmaceutical
Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Pharmaceutical bin and drum play a fundamental role in material handling process.
Therefore, you should choose a cGMP compliant, safe and reliable bin that meets your unique needs and requirements.
Here is everything you should know about this equipment:
- How safe are Materials Stored in Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- How does Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum make Material Handling Easy?
- What is Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- What is the difference between Square and Round Pharmaceutical Bin & Drum?
- Do Square Bins and Round Bins have Unique Benefits?
- What are the Components of Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- What is the Function of Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- How do you Charge and Discharge Content from Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- Why do you need Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- Why is cGMP Compliance Critical for Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- How can you Clean Pharmaceutical bins and Drums?
- How do you Use Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum on Lifting Column?
- What other Accessories can you use alongside Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- Are Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum suitable for handling Multiple Products?
- How do you Clamp Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum on a Lifting Column?
- How do Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum Prevent Cross-contamination?
- Which Material is Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum made from?
- Is there best Degree of Roughness for Pharmaceutical Bin?
- Can you make Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum Airtight?
- How can you Specify Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- What is Drum Bin Blender?
- How do you Choose Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- What are the Quality Compliance Standards for Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- Are there Shortcomings of Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
- How many Types of Pharmaceutical Bins and Drum are there?
How safe are Materials Stored in Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
Pharmaceutical bin and drum
Materials can be stored very well in these containers.
This is because most bins and drums have a capacity that ranges from 400 to 2000 liters.
This creates enough room for storage before the products are moved to the next process or even transported.
Both the pharmaceutical bin and the drum are ideal for handling any amount of material quantity within a pharmaceutical company.
They have a lid that is used to cover the content, and this makes them safe for storage purposes.
Also, they are also made from AISI 304, which is stain and corrosion-free and is easy to clean and maintain.
How does Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum make Material Handling Easy?
The following are ways in which pharmaceutical bin and drum make material handling easy:
- Some of the bigger ones which handle a large number of products have wheels. This makes it easy to move from one place to the other.
You don’t have to struggle with the heavyweight.
- Dangerous chemicals and other materials can easily be handled without having to worry about its effect on the equipment users.
This is because it is automated, and both charging and discharging are done automatically. You don’t have to mind about having contact with the content.
- The smooth surface finish of the pharmaceutical Bin and Drum facilitates the smooth emptying of the containers.
Therefore, the users do not need to employ a manual way of discharging the content from the container.
- They have valves that open up when it is switched on. They allow the free flow of the content out of the bin and drum.
- The pharmaceutical bin and drum are light in weight and therefore, can easily be shifted from place to place.
- It is also ideal for handling products because it has lids that provide cover to the content. This ensures the safety of the product in them.
What is Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
These are special containers that are made from stainless steel type of AISI, either 304 or 316.
Most industries globally rely on these two containers for handling products.
Apart from this, they are very useful in moving materials from one destination to another safely.
The pharmaceutical bin and drum are easy to clean, durable, and can serve many purposes.
What is the difference between Square and Round Pharmaceutical Bin & Drum?
These pharmaceutical bins are identical in terms of their functions, materials they are made from, and operation.
However, there are some significant differences.
One unique difference is that the Round pharmaceutical bin is round in shape, whereas the squared one has a square-shape.
Square pharmaceutical bin has been found useful in handling both granules and powder products.
On the other hand, the round pharmaceutical bin is being used to handle oral doses.
The square pharmaceutical bin is ideal for mixing, transporting from one place to the other, and storage of these products.
The round pharmaceutical bin is a shifting container commonly used in producing a flow of solid dosage.
Round Bin vs Square Bin
Do Square Bins and Round Bins have Unique Benefits?
Yes, they do.
A square pharmaceutical bin is specifically ideal for industries producing oral dose provisions.
On the other hand, the round pharmaceutical bin is relevant for industries dealing with granule and powder products.
What are the Components of Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
These containers are very basic and simple in design.
However, there may be some complexities depending on the design of the containers.
Parts of Pharmaceutical Drum
· The Drum
It is a cylindrical container that has open ends.
This is the part that carries the products during transportation from one place to the other.
It is also the part where materials are stored.
· The lid
This helps in covering the open end of the drum.
It prevents any unwanted substance from reaching the content.
· Drum Handles
These are located on both sides of the drum.
They are used to hold the drum while lifting it from one place to the other.
Parts of Pharmaceutical Bin
· The Bin
It is available in many shapes and designs with a difference in width, angles, diameter, and height.
· Bin Openings
The pharmaceutical bin has two openings.
There is a bigger one at the top and a relatively smaller one at the bottom.
The top opening is used for charging the materials while the bottom one is the exit for the content.
· Bin Frame
This is ideal for getting hold of the bin while it is being used. It gives support to the bin.
What is the Function of Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
They are commonly used by pharmaceutical, cosmetics, chemical, and food processing industries.
Below are some of the functions:
- These industries use them for transportation of products.
- They also use them for storing their products.
- In addition to these, they are also used for mixing powder and granules.
- They are used in handling chemicals and other hazardous substances.
How do you Charge and Discharge Content from Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
Charging and discharging of products into and out of the bin and drum can be done manually or automatically.
But automatic one is much easier and less time consuming with less human input requirements.
First of all, make sure the bin and drum are placed well in a position it can receive the products.
Switch on the power button to charge the materials into the pharmaceutical bin and drum.
The Switching on of the power button also automatically opens the valve.
This helps in allowing the content to discharge out of the bin or drum automatically.
When the materials are finally discharged, you can switch it off.
This triggers the automatically closing of the valve after all the content is discharged from the containers.
This automatic system of charging and discharging contents into the bin and drum has made the entire activity easy.
It is also cost-effective, efficient, and less time-consuming.
Because of this, handling and storing of pharmaceutical products has become much easy.
Why do you need Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
Pharmaceutical bin and drum
The pharmaceutical bin and drum are useful for various purposes.
For example, they are used for mixing granules and powder products.
Also, transportation of the materials from one place to another is made possible through them.
They are also used for storing and handling heavy chemicals and toxic materials.
This helps in minimizing the hazardous effect on the users of these containers.
Apart from these, they can also be useful in loading and transferring granules from high shear mixers.
The bin and drum are being used for storing raw materials in preparation for production in an industrial process.
We also need them for handling and storing powdered food ingredients like powdered milk, molasses, and food syrup, among others.
They are useful in handling and storing petrochemical products.
Painting and coatings can also be handled and stored in them.
Bio-waste and organic waste compounds are also handled and stored using the pharmaceutical bin and drum.
This ensures less environmental pollution and human infections that might be caused by materials.
The agriculture industry has also found this container useful.
They use them for handling and storing their products.
Water plants use this technology to mix, handle, and store water.
Lastly, they are ideal for handling and storing materials for post bin and drum blender.
Why is cGMP Compliance Critical for Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
This is because the pharmaceutical bins and drums are being used in sensitive areas that have contact with products.
The compliance is there to make sure the containers are safe for product processing.
cGMP compliance is also very important because pharmaceutical products target human beings.
This specific compliance highlights the use of recommended and good quality materials that are easy to clean and maintain.
They can also prevent cross-contamination of products.
The containers should meet the highest hygienic standards and use the materials recommended and approved by the FDA.
How can you Clean Pharmaceutical bins and Drums?
Cleaning of these containers is very crucial since it helps in maintaining them.
Both the bin and the drum can easily be accessed because they have been made with an ergonomic design.
The inner and outer parts of these containers can be cleaned without having to pose any challenges to the cleaner.
These containers can either be cleaned manually or automatically.
Automatic washing is very good since it saves on time, and the cleaning results are supper perfect.
The automated pharmaceutical bin and drum have an inbuilt CIP, which does the washing of the containers.
It creates an alarm when there is a need to clean them.
The washing detergents are loaded into the CIP, and it is switched on.
The cleaning recipe is keyed in at the PLC, and cleaning begins.
The system has 10 bar pressure design which facilitates cleaning.
Upon completion of thorough washing, the system properly drains all the washing liquid and discharges them through the valves.
The air unit, which is also part of the system, does the task of drying the containers.
Thereafter, the container is ready for use.
The automatic method of cleaning is reliable and efficient in removing oil, grease, automotive lubricants, paint, ink, or even coating.
It makes use of the best detergents, caustics, and solvents that ensure thorough cleaning of the containers.
It is preferred because, after washing, the containers are dried automatically.
Apart from this, the automatic cleaning method guarantees zero contamination of the containers during the washing and drying period.
How do you Use Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum on Lifting Column?
The lifting column of a pharmaceutical bin and drum is equipment that is used in the mixing of products.
When the products are poured into the bin or drum, the lifting column does the work of lifting the products.
The materials move into the mixing chamber and shake well.
This results in a homogenous mixture.
This technology is critical because it helps in speeding up the packaging process of materials for industries using it.
What other Accessories can you use alongside Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
There are quite several accessories that could be used alongside pharmaceutical Bin and Drum.
The funnel: This is useful for facilitating the charging of the products into the pharmaceutical Bin and Drum.
The transport trolleys: This accessory aids in moving the content inside the bin and drum.
The discharge aid: This is the accessory that helps in discharging of content through the valves out of the pharmaceutical Bin and Drum.
Blending hood is the part that aids in the thorough mixing of the materials inside the bin and drum.
The absence of this means that the mixing process may not be efficient and effective.
Lifting column: This is the accessory that helps in pushing the materials inside the containers so that they can be mixed well.
Are Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum suitable for handling Multiple Products?
Yes. They can be used in handling multiple products.
However, this calls for purchasing the equipment from a trusted manufacturer who is reliable.
The manufacturer should also have good quality Pharmaceutical bins and drums which conform to the international pharmaceutical quality standards.
For handling of multiple products to be possible, the equipment must be made from austenitic stainless steel.
It should also have a roughness degree of 0.2 and 0.4 µm inside and outside, respectively.
It can handle multiple products because the stainless steel material can prevent any adverse reactions.
It prevents any possible cross-contamination of the products because it completely empties and creates a clean room for new content.
How do you Clamp Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum on a Lifting Column?
Bin and drum in a lifting column
There are interlocking systems on the lifting column that connects and holds it in place during the materials lifting process.
Its length should be relevant for the application it is intended for.
The clamp should allow you to use containers of different capacities when properly adjusted.
To clamp these containers on the lifting column, you should have a clamping bar.
This will help you in holding pharmaceutical Bin and Drum in the right place.
After having that, use a welding machine to clamp the bars to the pharmaceutical Bin/Drum and the lifting column.
This will facilitate the easy handling of the equipment.
It should be strong enough to hold the entire system in place.
In addition to these, it should be simple to facilitate easy accessibility to the valve and the lids.
This will promote easy operation and save time.
If this is cumbersome for you, there is an alternative.
You can simply purchase a full cage blender that provides all your machine needs.
This is because it has IBC bins clamped on both sides.
How do Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum Prevent Cross-contamination?
In the pharmaceutical industry, cross-contamination is a very critical setback.
This is because it compromises the quality of pharmaceutical products.
It can also pose a threat to the product users since its intended efficacy may not be realized.
Therefore, you should take care to prevent it at all costs.
The pharmaceutical bin and drum prevent cross through the following features:
- They have been made in compliance with CGMP. This ensures that the containers conform to the FDA set safety standards and recommended regulations.
- Both the Pharmaceutical bin and drum product contact parts are made from AISI 304 or AISI 316 materials. Cleaning and maintaining this material is easy.
- Cross-contamination of products is also preventable because the bin and drum have no dead angles, screws, or canvas-convex face. This prevents the products from remaining in the inner surface of the bin and drums after discharge is done.
- Apart from these, the pharmaceutical bin and drum have a smooth surface finish. This promotes the complete emptying of products from the containers. When other different products in charged in, the container is found clean and no unintended mixing of products.
- They also have lids that cover the containers and prevent any unwanted substance from entering the containers. These types of pharmaceutical bins have a sealing made from silicon latex that gives them good quality airproof.
Which Material is Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum made from?
They are made from AISI 304 or AISI 316, which is a particular type of steel metal material.
The steel metal is ideal for the pharmaceutical machine because it is durable.
It also does not react with either chemicals or fluids.
In addition to these, it is a material that is easy to clean and maintain.
Is there best Degree of Roughness for Pharmaceutical Bin?
Pharmaceutical bins have a recommended degree of roughness, which is considered to be the best.
It has a degree of roughness of Ra=0.2 µm inside the bin and Ra-0.4 µm outside the bin.
Can you make Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum Airtight?
Yes, you can.
They are not made airtight, but the user decides to make it so.
When you want to make it airtight, you have to use a heat resistant silicone seal.
The silicon is placed in the inner part of the bin or drum.
It is very important because it helps in making the clamp very tight.
How can you Specify Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
There are several critical specifications for Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum.
They include the following:
- It has an internal surface roughness that does not go beyond 0.4mm
- This container is known for consuming ideal power.
- The Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum must conform to the system of handling being used to ease work.
- Also, it should be made in a design that easily allows the mixing of products efficiently and effectively.
- Apart from these, the pharmaceutical bin and drum should be easy to clean, and this in-turn makes maintenance easy. This will help in promoting its durability and efficiency in use.
- They should be made in compliance with international standards like CGMP and FDA. This helps in guaranteeing the safety of the materials being processed and hence human consumption safety.
- They should be placed at a height that can easily facilitate easy application by the user. This will prevent the user from straining while using it, and it may also minimize any losses of the product.
- Lastly, they should be made from stainless steel material. This is so because stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and stain. The material is easy to clean and maintain, thus guaranteeing the durability of the equipment and safety of products.
What is Drum Bin Blender?
This is equipment commonly used in the mixing of granules and powder medicines in most international pharmaceutical industries.
It does a very uniform mixing, and it has a movable hopper that facilitates the charging of materials.
Its mobility characteristic also facilitates discharge and cleaning processes.
This equipment prevents cross-contamination and minimizes dust, even if the material transfer process is done repeatedly.
It can handle the large quantity and numerous mixing requirements.
The equipment has been found relevant in food, chemical, light, and pharmaceutical industries.
This equipment has been made in compliance with CGMP and FDA international standards.
It has a reliable performance and convenient maintenance.
The equipment also has safety protection, which can facilitate shutting down when danger is detected.
Apart from these, it has an automatic, accurate alignment system with an operation record printing system.
It is easy to clean, operate, and maintain.
Operation of Drum Bin Blender
Pharmaceutical bin and drum
When operating a drum bin blender, caution should be taken in the following areas:
- Spindle bearing should rotate normally. Should there be any abnormal noise or vibration, stop it immediately and run an inspection on the machine. If any parts are worn out, a replacement should be made immediately.
- You should ensure products being charged into the blender does not exceed the maximum loading capacity.
The addition of plasticizers ought to be done slowly to prevent partial product cracking, which may increase the load.
This may also result in damaging the machine.
- There should be a smooth running of the motor with no abnormal sound. It is advisable to check the temperature rise regularly if it’s normal or not.
- If you change the material contact parts, ensure you clean the mixing container and discharge parts before using it. This will help in preventing cross-contamination of the products.
Standard features of Drum Bin Blender
It has a speed control that has a digital readout.
The machine has a digital timer, position control, and emergency stop button.
Also, it has an interlocked safety hood and a connection between IBCs and blender, which has no tools.
Apart from these, there are other optional features.
These include reversing blender with timer, explosion-proof, and rotation counter with an auto stop button, among others.
How do you Choose Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
The choice of a pharmaceutical bin and drum is very critical.
It should be equipment that adds some value to the granulation line of dosage materials.
Choose the pharmaceutical bin and drum, which has been made from AISI 304 OR AISI 316 stainless steel material.
This is easy to clean and is a standard quality that is internationally recommended.
Bins are in two different shapes, round, and square.
Depending on your intended use, you can choose the one you think is relevant for your process requirements.
The choice is also influenced by the capacity you want to process or store.
Looking at your production capacity can help you choose the right Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum.
The capacities may range from 400 to 2000 liters for the Bins and 20 to 100 liters for drums.
Getting the desired pharmaceutical bin and drum calls for ordering for a customized design from a reputable manufacturer.
They can produce the Bin and Drum capacities less than 400 liters and less than 20 liters, respectively.
You should choose a pharmaceutical bin and drum that fits very well without having to interfere with other machine components.
The choice is influenced by the weight of the containers.
The lightweight pharmaceutical bin and drum are easy to handle.
You can easily shift them from one place to the other within the operation area.
Look for a pharmaceutical bin and drum that can easily be installed anywhere without posing some installation challenges.
A good pharmaceutical bin and drum are designed simply, easy to operate, disassemble, clean, and maintain.
Even though they should be light-weight, they should be durable so that they can be used for many years.
You should also choose a pharmaceutical bin and drum that can quickly and easily be charged and discharged without difficulties.
Emptying and charging of the bin and drum are required frequently, and any challenge compromises its functionality.
All of them should have lids for covering all the open ends, which are usually at the top.
These lids help in preventing contamination, thereby keeping the products contained in them safe for human use.
Good ones should have a smooth surface with a seamless finish that will allow all content to be discharged.
Last but very importantly, it should have a degree of roughness of 0.2 µm inside and 0.4 µm outside.
What are the Quality Compliance Standards for Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
Quality compliance standards are very critical when it comes to pharmaceutical products.
This is because the products being processed using them target human life.
They include the following:
- They must be made in compliance with CGMP standards, which states that the manufacturer must stick to good manufacturing practices.
- They should be able to meet the highest level of hygiene, which is a standard set by the FDA.
This means that before it is manufactured, the FDA must approve the materials for making it.
The material recommended is AISI 304 or AISI 316 for all product contact parts.
Are there Shortcomings of Pharmaceutical Bin and Drum?
There are some demerits of these containers. Below is an illustration of some of them.
- Charging and discharging of products into and out of the containers can be burdensome if being done manually. This can slow down the whole process.
- The materials for manufacturing them must adhere to the CGMP and FDA. Otherwise, they will not be safe for handling pharmaceutical and food materials.
- There are different capacities for pharmaceutical Bin and Drum. You have to look for another bin and drum if you want to process material with different capacities.
- They are relatively expensive in comparison to Bins and drums made from other materials like plastic.
How many Types of Pharmaceutical Bins and Drum are there?
Pharmaceutical bins and drums are available in two different categories.
They have been categorized according to size and design.
i. Size of the Bin and Drum
There are small, medium, and large Pharmaceutical Bins and Drums.
These handle different volumes and capacities.
If you want to handle small quantities, a small one would be ideal for you.
On the other hand, large ones are relevant for large quantities.
Size of Bin or a Drum, you have to take measurements of the diameter, both inside and outer the containers.
You will also measure the height and length.
There may be some variations in the dimensions due to the difference in the shape and design of these containers.
It is always advised that the manufacturer indicates the capacity of the bin and drum, which most of them do.
ii. The Design of Bin and Drum
The design of pharmaceutical Bin and Drum can either be standard or custom made.
For example, standard designs include:
A square-shaped Bin has an upper part cube-like and a pyramid-shaped bottom with an opening.
The cube and pyramid are two geometrical shapes joint together.
Round shaped Bin and Drum has its upper part in a cylindrical shape joint together to the conical-shaped bottom.