Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
A semi-automatic labeling machine is controlled electronically and able to label a wide range of packaging and products.
The purpose of this outline is to give you an overview of semi-automatic labeling machine ranging from the available types, functions, how it works, and their safety features.
What Is The Function Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
semi-automatic labeling machine
A semi-automatic labeling machine offers the following functions:
- It unwound the label reels
- Semi-automatic labeling machine wounds up the backing paper.
- It applies the adhesive labels onto various objects.
- Some semi-automatic labeling machines tend to be configured with individual settings like printing units. This makes it possible for users to print the required adhesive labels.
How Does Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine Compare To Fully Automatic Labelling Machine?
Semi-automatic labeling machine compares to fully automatic labeling machine in the following ways:
- The process of labeling in a fully automatic machine is entirely conducted in the system from initiation up to the final step of labeling.
semi-automatic labeling machine
On the other hand, in a semi-automatic labeling machine, there is a need to obtain the operator’s help in the initiation of the labeling process.
- In a fully automatic labeling machine, the automatic labelers possess a system that puts the products in a suitable position for labeling.
For a semi-automatic labeling machine, for it to apply labels onto the products, they need to be lined up and removed by hand once complete.
- Semi-automatic labeling machines tend to be suited for smaller batch quantities and numbers.
On the other hand, fully automatic labeling machines are used for the production of large batch numbers and quantities.
fully automatic labeling machine
What Are The Types Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machines?
Some of the available types of semi-automatic labeling machines include:
- Wrap Around Labelling Machine: it is suited for labeling products that are rotating or horizontal such as containers or cans that have a smaller diameter
- Bottle Labelling Machine: this type is used in labeling bottles that are relatively smaller in size.
- Top Labeler: this semi-automatic labeling machine is suited for those applications which need labels to be applied from above.
Which Parts Make Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
The parts which make a semi-automatic labeling machine include:
- Feeding hopper: it is the point where materials are introduced into the semi-automatic labeling machine and it operates systematically.
It is important to ensure caution, accuracy, and precision when introducing materials into the system for labeling.
- Labeling plate: it is where labels are put for the semi-automatic labeling machine to pick and print on the product’s surface.
- Date printer: it makes it possible in printing dates such as manufacture and expiry dates outside the label.
- Labeling station: it is the section where the actual labeling of products happens and it features two parts, labeling pad, and head.
It may feature a clear display to make it possible to see the label which is being applied.
- Control panel: it enhances and dictates the efficiency of a semi-automatic labeling machine by making the entire process within your control.
This part comprises most of the configurations and adjustments of the semi-automatic machine.
- Safety system: the semi-automatic labeling machine has emergency buttons that can be accessed easily.
It also contains insulation of all electrical wires.
- Drive mechanism: it entails motion of the semi-automatic machine and is made up of:
- Conveyor: it serves the purpose of moving the products from one part of the semi-automatic machine onto another part for enhanced labeling.
- Roller system: it helps several components of the semi-automatic labeling machine to stay and move in the right position
- Motor: it tends to power the entire semi-automatic labeling machine through the conversion of electrical energy into mechanical energy.
How Does Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine Work?
The operation procedure of a semi-automatic labeling machine tends to solely depend on the components which make it up.
A semi-automatic labeling machine operates in the following ways:
- First, you should feed the products into the semi-automatic labeling machine.
It is important to ensure that the feeding is synchronized with the process of labeling.
- Next, by use of the conveyor system, the products are moved to the label distribution area for adequate spacing.
This ensures that they are ready for labeling.
- Still, while on the conveyor belt, the products are then automatically labeled in the labeling box.
Once at this point, the speed of the semi-automatic labeling machine may be reduced to make sure that the labeling is accurate.
- Finally, the products will then exit the semi-automatic labeling machine once they have been labeled well.
What Are The Functions Of The Control Panel In Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Some of the functions of the control panel in a semi-automatic labeling machine include:
- It dictates and improves the efficiency of the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- The Control panel makes it possible to have the entire labeling process within your control.
- It is used in conduction all the adjustments and configurations in a semi-automatic labeling machine.
- The control panel can give you an alert in case of any emergency concerns.
What Are The Safety Features Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Some of the safety features of semi-automatic labeling machine include:
- Emergency button: it is used for raising alarms in case of emergencies.
They can be accessed with ease to cut off the supply of power when an emergency arises.
- Insulation of all electrical wires to protecting from electrical accidents.
- The wires used in the semi-automatic labeling machine tend to be enclosed in a box that is lockable to ensure safety.
- Some semi-automatic labeling machines tend to feature security system which tends to interlock several processes.
- All moving parts in a semi-automatic labeling machine are isolated to prevent injury.
- Safety systems in semi-automatic labeling machines also tend to prevent its powering in case all its parts are not well secured in place.
Which Is The Drive Mechanism In Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
The drive mechanism in a semi-automatic labeling machine comprises of motor, conveyor, and roller system.
The motor is the central part of the drive mechanism in the semi-automatic labeling machine and is also its integral part.
The conveyor comprises of belt and wheel which together work to move products from one part to another.
roller system tends to depend on the motor and the conveyor for the motion of the various components and products.
How Does Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine Compare To Manual Labelling Machine?
Semi-automatic labeling machine compares to manual labeling machine in the following ways:
- Label application: manual labeling machine needs the assistance of human labor in the application of labels.
On the other hand;
a semi-automatic labeling machine entails the automated application of labels and the operator just arranges the machine label application and products.
- Output level: manual labeling machine has low output as they are entirely labor dependent. Semi-automatic labeling machines, on the other hand, have a higher output level as there is minimal operator involvement.
- Price: semi-automatic labeling machines tend to have higher prices as compared to manual labeling machines.
- Speed: semi-automatic labeling machine tends to be faster as compared to a manual labeling machine.
manual labeling machine
Why Should You Invest In Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Some of the reasons why you should invest in a semi-automatic labeling machine include:
- Easy to use: because semi-automatic labeling machine tends to be partially automated, it is easy to operate them.
You will only be required to initiate the process of labeling and then the semi-automated labeling machine will handle the rest.
- Increased production:
as compared to other types of labeling machines which manually label products, this machine can increase production during the process of labeling.
- Efficiency: semi-automatic labeling machine can ensure production is increased and at a low input cost.
This will, in turn, ensure returns on your investment in a semi-automatic labeling machine.
When you compare the price of a semi-automatic labeling machine with the duration of service.
it will prove as an investment that ensures value for your money.
Are There Limitations Of Using Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Semi-automatic labeling machines have a few limitations and some of these include:
- Because of its partial automation,
the semi-automatic labeling machine is not able to commence the process of labeling automatically without an operator.
- You require to program the semi-automatic labeling machine failure to which may compromise the accuracy of the application of the label.
- At times the labeling process may be slow depending on the method of labeling being used.
Which Industries Use Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Some of the industries which use semi-automatic labeling machines include:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Beverage industry
- Chemical industry
- Cosmetics industry
- Paint industry
- Machine integrators
- Wine industry
- Contract packagers
- Food industry
How Should You Clean Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
When cleaning a semi-automatic labeling machine, you should ensure the following:
- You should clean the semi-automatic labeling machine from the outside.
- Ensure that water does not come into contact with any part of the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- Use a damp cloth rather than a wet cloth in cleaning the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- Make use of non-aggressive detergents in cleaning the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- When cleaning the compartments of the semi-automatic labeling machine, you should use cotton.
- Ensure that you remove any glue and label residues when cleaning the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- Remove any dust and debris which might be on the header of the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- Finally, without putting too much pressure, make sure that the sensors of the semi-automatic labeling machine are cleaned well for efficient labeling.
What Is The Cost Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
The cost of a semi-automatic labeling machine tends to vary from one manufacturer to another depending on the following factors:
- The size of the semi-automatic labeling machine: those machines which are bigger tend to be more expensive.
- Production capacity: semi-automatic labeling machine which has a high production capacity tends to attract a higher price.
- Versatility: the cost of a semi-automatic labeling machine also tends to depend on the types of labels to which it can apply.
- Sophistication: semi-automatic labeling machines which have additional features like date coders tend to be costlier.
- Condition: semi-automatic labeling machine that is new tends to be more expensive as compared to that which is used.
Depending on the above factors, the cost of a semi-automatic labeling machine tends to range between $270 to $960 per unit.
How Is The Efficiency Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine Increased?
There are several ways that you can increase the efficiency of the semi-automatic labeling machine. Some of the steps you can take include but are not limited to:
- Always ensure that you do constant repairs and maintenance of your semi-automatic labeling machine.
- Thoroughly clean the semi-automatic labeling machine after every use.
- Ensure that you set the labeling parameters and machine configurations correctly.
- Ensure that the semi-automatic labeling machine is operated by a certified and trained machine operator.
- If you need to replace a component, ensure the component meets the manufacturer’s standards.
- Use the manufacturer’s manual in operating and maintaining the semi-automatic labeling machine.
- Wear and use all the personal protective equipment in operating the semi-automatic labeling machine.
What Are The Tips For Maintaining Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Some of the tips for maintaining a semi-automatic labeling machine include:
- You should do the regular maintenance of your semi-automatic labeling machine to keep its functionality at optimum.
- Always inspect your semi-automatic labeling machine before and after use.
- Ensure that the labels you use on the semi-automatic labeling machine are of the correct width and length.
- Clean the surfaces of the containers to be labeled and ensure the semi-automatic labeling machine is free from any debris.
This will ensure that labels stick easily. It also averts tearing or scratching of the labels.
- Ensure that the backing paper is replaced regularly and that is of the best quality.
- You should be keen on ensuring that the electric eye is adjusted regularly.
This is vital for easy tag detection and also ensures efficiency in the labeling process.
- Always make sure that the semi-automatic labeling machine is aligned correctly.
This is important in increasing the accuracy of the semi-automatic labeling machine in label application.
- Constantly monitor the traction wheels for tightness or looseness.
You should maintain it at the medium where the traction wheels are not too tight or too loose.
Can Semi Automatic Labelling Machine Be Integrated With The Existing Production Line?
It is possible to integrate a semi-automatic labeling machine with an existing production line.
But the supporting factors for the integration depend majorly on the type of labeling machine.
You can integrate the production and packaging line with an automatic labeling machine. Connection of systems and several other machines is done via a conveyor that makes it possible to integrate the automatic labeling machine.
For a semi-automatic machine, you can integrate them into the production line because they require some levels of control.
What Makes Semi-Automatic Labeling Machine That Is Pressure Sensitive Unique?
Most of the semi-automatic labeling machines that are pressure sensitive are easy to operate.
This feature is what makes them unique compared to non-pressure-sensitive semi-automatic labeling machines.
Pressure-sensitive semi-automatic labeling machines work in pretty easy steps. All you need to do is place the product to be labeled on the machine and in position.
You then step on the pedals of the semi-automatic machine to apply the label on the container or bottle.
Pressure-sensitive functionality also increases the machine’s consistency and efficiency when it comes to labeling.
What Type of Surfaces Can Be Labeled Using Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Before discussing the various types of surfaces that can be labeled using the semi-automatic labeling machine, it is important to understand the different materials of the surfaces.
The type of material used to make the surface may determine the label type to be used.
Some of the materials used to make container surfaces include HDPE, PVC, glass, metal, and ceramics.
The different surfaces determine the type of label to be used.
Some of the surfaces that the semi-automatic labeling machine can be used on include:
- Flat surfaces
- Round surfaces such as containers and bottles.
- Oval surfaces such as vases.
Which Are The Types Of Labels To Apply Using Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Some of the types of labels to apply using a semi-automatic labeling machine include but are not limited to:
- Self-adhesive labels
- Paste labels
- Barcodes labels.
- Price tag labels.
- Anti-counterfeit labels
What Might Cause Failure Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
there are various factors and causes of semi-automatic labeling machine failure. We ensure the highest quality of semi-automatic labeling machines.
But like all machines, you might encounter some issues after long-term use. Some of the causes of semi-automatic labeling machine failure include;
- Faulty labels: the semi-automatic machine might not function well if the labels to be inserted is faulty.
Faulty labels are labels that are not clear, torn, or with uneven width and length.
- Tear: tears can also affect the semi-automatic machine functionality.
Issues such as damaged applicator tips arise from line tears that occur after label application.
- Incorrect position of the measuring product can also lead to semi-automatic labeling machine failure.
Incorrect positioning of the label means it cannot be pulled and placed correctly on the container.
- Sensors: incorrect positioning of the labels can also lead to faulty sensors. The sensors are vital in the position of the labels on the container.
- Peeling plate; this peels the labels to stick them on the container. If the labels are positioned incorrectly it can lead to malfunctioning of the peeling plate.
- Timer settings: setting the timer incorrectly will lead to machine failure over time.
An important consideration when it comes to timing is the labeling position before and after labeling.
- Speed: speed can cause the failure of the semi-automatic machine. Slow or delayed speed may lead to labels not sticking correctly.
Extremely fast speed may also lead to the same issues.
- Conveyor speed: uneven conveyor speed of the semi-automatic labeling machine can lead to wrinkles after labeling.
- Missing label: factors such as poor sensitivity, slow or fast labeling speed, and conveyors’ speeds may lead to missing labels.
- Pinch belt speed: faulty pinch belt speed causes loose label bottom paper. This occurs when the pinch belt speed is faster than the labeling speed.
How Is The Production Capacity Of Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine Determined?
The production capacity of a semi-automatic labeling machine is determined by the number of containers or bottles labeled per minute.
The higher the number of bottles or containers per minute the higher the capacity of the semi-automatic labeling machine.
The capacity of the semi-automatic machine that you want will depend on the volume of labeling output you want.
What Is The Amount Of Power Consumed By Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Compared to automatic labeling machines, semi-automatic labeling machines use less power.
The power consumption of semi-automatic labeling machines ranges between 110V to 440V.
semi-automatic labelling machine
Note that the power consumption of the semi-automatic labeling machines depends on certain factors.
These factors may include but are not limited to the size of the machine, quality, price ranges, and overall configurations.
What Is The Comparison Between Vertical And Horizontal Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Vertical and horizontal semi-automatic labeling machines are distinct from each other.
You must understand the differences between the two before you make any purchases.
The main comparison between the vertical and horizontal semi-automatic labeling machines comes down to how the side label is applied.
The vertical semi-automatic labeling machine is used to apply labels on the sides of a product.
On the other hand, a horizontal semi-automatic machine is used to apply labels on the top of a product.
So, it is important to be aware of the type of products that you want to label.
The type of the product and the labeling position will guide you on the type of semi-automatic labeling machine to purchase.
Is It Possible To Have Multiple Surfaces In Semi-Automatic Labelling Machine?
Yes, it is possible to have multiple surfaces in a semi-automatic labeling machine.
Although it is possible to have multiple surfaces in semi-automatic labeling machines, you may find some specialized machines.
The specialized semi-automatic labeling machines are moistly specialized to work on specific surfaces.
Are There Semi-Automatic Labelling Machines Which Are Two Sided?
Yes, there are semi-automatic labeling machines that are two-sided.
The obvious feature of two-sided semi-automatic labeling is that they have two heads.
The heads are important in applying labels to both sides of a container or bottle. It is worth noting that the labels are on the opposite side of the container.
For all your semi-automatic labeling machines, SaintyCo is here to offer the perfect solution – contact us now.