Square Bottle Label Applicator
Square bottle label applicator refers to an electromechanical equipment for dispensing and attaching labels on surface of containers.
In this guide, you will learn several aspects of this machine, including the types, benefits, parts, applications, working principle etc.
All these and many more information are detailed in this article, so keep reading on;
- Which Types Of Square Bottle Label Applicator Are Available?
- Semi-Automatic Square Bottle Label Applicator
- Why Invest In Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- How Does Square Bottle Label Applicator Compare To Round Bottle Labeling Machine?
- Do You Have Square Bottle Label Applicator Replacement Parts?
- What Are The Limitations Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- How Does Square Bottle Label Applicator Work?
- Which Features Should You Look For In Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- Where Can You Use Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- Which Labels Can You Apply Using Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- How Can You Maintain Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- Which Challenges Will You Experience When Using Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- What Determines Cost Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- How Can You Enhance Efficiency Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- How Do Integrate Square Bottle Label Applicator With Existing Production Line?
- How Do You Determine Production Capacity Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
- What Is The Typical Speed Of Bottle Applicator?
- Can Square Bottle Labeling Machine Apply Multiple Labels On A Bottle?
Which Types Of Square Bottle Label Applicator Are Available?
Square bottle label applicator
You can find square bottle labeling machines in different varieties based on the label designs you are sticking to the container.
The common types you’ll find in different settings include the following;
Manual Square Bottle Label Applicator
All the operations of this type of label applicator are done using hand.
In essence, it requires full human intervention to apply labels on square container surfaces.
It is suitable mainly for small scale labeling solutions since it allows you to apply the labels quite faster.
Besides, manual square bottle label applicator applies the labels accurately on the container.
Of course, this is vital since it eliminates the need for aligning such labels using your hand, which can be quite laborious.
Manual square bottle label applicator
It is also compact, thus portable and convenient to move around with.
Semi-Automatic Square Bottle Label Applicator
Most operations of this labeling machine are actuated automatically, but some require human intervention.
It allows you to place bottles or products by hand, but the process begins automatically upon triggering it either by foot or hand.
Once labeling is done on the bottle or product, it is removed again by hand from this equipment.
Semi-automatic square bottle applicator
This machine is an ideal option, especially when you are labeling medium-sized batches.
You can also use it when labeling high production under ordinary circumstances.
The advantage of this type of machine is it eliminates continuous laborious tasks common with manual square bottle labeling equipment.
Fully Automatic Square Bottle Labeling Machine
As the name indicates, all the parameters of this machine are activated automatically.
Primarily, it features software programs used for running different elements surrounding its operation.
Thus, the production line of this label applicators hardly requires human intervention.
All you need is to set the different parameters accordingly and monitoring the automatic execution process through the control unit.
It is mostly used in industrial and commercial settings where production volumes within a specified period is a significant concern.
Fully automatic square bottle applicator
Even so, it is relatively costlier than a semi-automatic label applicator and requires unique solutions for every challenge.
High-speed Square Bottle Label Applicator
The design of this labeling equipment allows synchronization with the conveyor handling the container.
It is quite convenient and flexible to use, especially when labeling high volume square bottles.
Technically, it is ultra-fast and can label about 1000 containers per minute depending on the size and other underlying factors.
Thus, it is commonly used in industrial production for faster square labeling solutions.
Why Invest In Square Bottle Label Applicator?
It offers several advantages in the overall production line in different application settings.
The main beneficial reasons you need to invest in this labeling equipment include the following;
Ordinarily, a square bottle labeling machine is relatively a costly investment, especially if you choose the fully automated option.
However, the overall running costs of using this machine are quite lower.
For instance, it eliminates or reduces manual labor needs and other unnecessary downtime factors.
Thus, in the long run, you’ll notice it is highly cost-effective whether you are using it for small scale or industrial labeling needs.
Increases Production Volume
Labeling square bottles can be a daunting and time-consuming task, especially if you have to do it manually.
The label applicator, however, allows you to increase the production volume significantly.
It increases speed and, at the same time, reduces delays during the production process, which ultimately enhances production capacity.
Primarily, the materials, technology and design construction incorporated in making this equipment are top-notch.
Thus, it becomes easy for this equipment to last for an extended period since it resistant to different mechanical and environmental factors.
Of course, increased durability is advantageous since it gives you value for money in your investment.
The design of modern square bottle label applicators enables them to be compatible with different functional mechanisms.
Thus, they require little maintenance to keep them up and running.
Moreover, most of these machines are computerized, allowing you to detect any fault or malfunction before they become catastrophic.
Ordinarily, most aspects of operating this equipment are automated.
The settings are quite easy to formulate, making it easy to operate the machine.
In essence, you rarely require expert’s knowledge to operate this equipment accordingly.
It’s important to understand the basics, which you can also refer to from the user manual or manufacturer’s online portal.
You can easily adjust the system of this machine to match operational requirements of other machines in a production line.
Ideally, this is imperative because it enhances convenience and cuts costs, vital in the production process.
How Does Square Bottle Label Applicator Compare To Round Bottle Labeling Machine?
Technically, they share most functional operations and features.
However, the major difference between these two types of machines is in the shape of the containers the stickers are applied to.
Round bottle labeling machine
Applying labels on square bottles requires more diligence and accuracy, thus generally slower than applying stickers on round bottles.
Therefore, it means the production speed in square bottle label applicator will be slower than in round bottles labeling machine under same conditions.
Do You Have Square Bottle Label Applicator Replacement Parts?
You can find almost all the parts and components you need for a square bottle labeling machine.
Essentially, these parts are quite several, but only a few may often need replacement from time to time upon wearing out or becoming faulty.
Some of these parts include the following;
- Hopper – It is a tray used for feeding bottles in the equipment systematically and continuously for labeling.
- Labeling unit – It features labeling pad and labeling head designed to facilitate systematic application of stickers on square bottle containers.
- Label sensor – The function of this component is to detect any existing gaps between labels to control the labeling mechanism.
Also to allow it to activate the label stop pattern.
- Drive roller – It is designed to pull the web backing, which is fundamental in enabling the machine to start and stop the labeling structure.
- Framework – This is the chassis, which forms the base unit for attaching all the main parts and components of this machine.
- Control unit – It features an interface allowing the operator to set, monitor and operate numerous parameters during labeling.
- Motor – This is an electric component that activates operation of this machine by converting electrical energy to mechanical energy.
- Peel plate – It is specifically designed for separating the labeling sticker from backing paper.
- Conveyor unit – The essence of this component is to move different elements from one station to another.
- Safety unit – It features various safety components designed for safeguarding the machine and operator from tragedies.
What Are The Limitations Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
Primarily, it depends on the specific type of square bottle label applicator you are using.
All have different shortcomings, albeit a few, such as follows;
- Manual square bottle labeling machine limits you to label options to use and growth potential. You can only use it for small scale production, and it is a bit slow.
- Semi-automatic unit is also slow and can be laborious, especially when labeling many containers or products.
- Fully automatic unit is expensive to buy and requires meticulous and skillful maintenance to attain and maintain the needed labeling efficiency.
- High-speed unit can be superfluous in small scale production, making it unsustainable since it becomes costly to run and maintain.
How Does Square Bottle Label Applicator Work?
The general working principle of a square bottle labeling machine entails the following;
Square bottles or containers are fed into the machine and allowed to move autonomously by a conveyor belt.
Mechanical fixtures are incorporated between the containers at a fixed distance apart and pushed along the conveyor direction.
The bottles move to the label station using an in-feed scroll actuated by mechanical system of this equipment.
Bottles are spaced accordingly as they await labeling.
The label stickers are ejected from the reel as the wheel drag tags the sporadic movement.
And this leads to pressure, which is ideal for subsequent labeling needs in the labeling station.
A label dispensing unit driven by a brushless motor actuates automatic harmonization with the other set of container speeds.
While at it, a voluminous dispensing unit is provided by a backing paper recovery support, which is regulated by the mechanical system.
The band continues with the start and stop labeling sequence and allows the reel to open loop in displacement control.
In essence, it comes in handy to keep the tension label to apply stickers that seem closely to one another.
Meanwhile, label station activates the machine through the driving wheel and conveyor unit.
Acceleration of driving wheel depends on the size of conveyor unit, which is vital in determining the labeling speed.
The upper side conveyor belt keeps the containers in position during labeling to enhance the labeling accuracy.
Driving wheel accelerates to match the speed of the conveyor unit to stick the labels accurately.
After labeling, the wheel decelerates to facilitate position readjustment responsible for correcting various label errors.
Which Features Should You Look For In Square Bottle Label Applicator?
Square bottle labeling process
A typical square bottle labeling machine incorporates various technical and functional specifications.
Such features play different critical roles in the overall efficiency of this equipment.
Some of the vital specifications to look for include the following;
Production volume – Figure out whether the production capacity of the equipment within a specific period suits your labeling demands.
Power rating – It is imperative to know the actual power consumption of the machine to ensure you select one that meets your needs.
Usability – In particular, when you are buying a fully automatic unit, it would be ideal to ensure it is user-friendly and easy to troubleshoot.
Dimension – Primarily, you need to check the size and shape of this machine and ensure it matches your requirements in terms of space.
Label spool –Ensure the labeling machine you are buying has a spool you can easily load with labels in the interest of time.
Change parts – It would be ideal to go for a square bottle labeler that has readily available parts, especially those that require frequent replacement.
Possible downtime – You also need to evaluate the possible duration the machine can take out of action depending on the cause.
Compatibility – How compatible the equipment is with the existing production line is also an imperative feature you must look into.
Where Can You Use Square Bottle Label Applicator?
Square bottle labeling machines are used in a wide range of applications that involve product packaging in such containers.
The common areas where you can use this equipment include the following;
Food Processing Industry
Different food materials packaged in square containers are labeled using this machine to provide details of what they entail and the brand.
High speed square labeling machine is common in many pharmaceutical manufacturing companies.
It is useful in providing the details of the specific packaged drugs and front light inspection among others.
Cosmetic And Beauty Products
Most cosmetic and beauty products are labeled using a square bottle label applicator to indicate the names and other vital information.
Drinks and Beverage Industry
In most instances, this industry uses multiple square bottle applicators since the containers and products require more than one label.
Legally, all chemical products and their containers must be labelled for users to easily identify what they need and usage directions.
Which Labels Can You Apply Using Square Bottle Label Applicator?
This machine can apply different types of labels on various square bottles.
Some of these labels include the following;
Paper Adhesive Labels
You can find them in different colors and textures, making them easy to match.
This type of label is commonly used in glass bottles.
However, if the package or product is likely to be exposed to oil, water or various liquids, you can go for laminated paper stickers.
This is the most suitable label to use on a container or product likely to encounter moist or oily conditions.
They are quite flexible, thus ideal for relatively elongated square bottle containers.
Biaxial-Oriented Polypropylene stickers tend to be sturdy thus suitable for labeling containers used for holding corrosive substances.
How Can You Maintain Square Bottle Label Applicator?
It is imperative to maintain square bottle labeling machine accordingly to guarantee efficiency and durability.
The common maintenance practices you may consider include the following;
Bottle labeling machine
- Troubleshooting the machine using the right tools and upgrading the software as recommended.
- Cleaning the component surfaces thoroughly using recommended detergents and other cleaning substances.
- Replacing all faulty or worn-out parts accordingly to enable you to attain consistent efficiency in labeling process.
- Lubricating all the moving and contact parts of the machine to mitigate friction and ensure seamless operation.
- Carrying out regular checks and maintenance routines to enable you to detect any potential malfunction.
Which Challenges Will You Experience When Using Square Bottle Label Applicator?
They can be quite different depending on the specific type and model of label applicator you are using.
Some of the common problems you are likely to encounter when using this machine include the following;
- Failure to pick the labeling sticker out of the feeder.
- Sticky smearing on the container surfaces or labels.
- Labels curling away from the container surface
- Labels blistering or wrinkling
Nonetheless, you can troubleshoot all these common problems using different techniques to ensure the machine functions properly.
What Determines Cost Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
Quite a lot of factors such as the following;
Ordinarily, you can find quite a number of this machine in manual, automatic, semi-automatic, high-speed etc.
All these varieties are priced differently depending on the level of automation and technology.
For instance, a fully automatic unit is more expensive than semi-automatic one.
Top brands in the market are often more expensive than less known ones.
Of course, the former has established a good reputation in the market and made a name for itself.
Different square bottle label applicators are made using different materials.
For instance, one made using stainless steel is more expensive than a unit made using iron.
You can always get a customized square bottle label applicator if you need it.
However, it comes at an added cost compared to a standard design.
Square bottle label applicator with superior technical specifications, such as higher production volume, is more expensive than the reverse.
How Can You Enhance Efficiency Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
The specific methods or practices you can use to improve the effectiveness of this equipment vary significantly.
However, the suitable ideas you can always implement include the following;
- Updating the software program for fully –automatic machine accordingly to ensure the machine conforms to the latest requirements.
- Frequently diagnosing the equipment using the right diagnostic tools to identify and fix potential problems before they occur.
- Adopting a vacuum powder absorber tool to enable the surroundings to stay clean always.
How Do Integrate Square Bottle Label Applicator With Existing Production Line?
First, you must ensure the label applicator is compatible with the existing production line.
Ideally, the hardware and software elements of both systems should be well-matched.
The connection is executed through a conveyor belt, particularly for a fully automatic unit.
Manual and semi-automatic units have flexible systems making it easy to use them in non-integrated production systems.
How Do You Determine Production Capacity Of Square Bottle Label Applicator?
The best method of calculating production volume of this equipment is by using the following approach;
- Determine how many containers this machine can label on a hourly basis
- Establish the duration it takes for the equipment to label one product
- Divide the hourly capacity of the plant by-product labeling time
For instance, if it takes the equipment 45 minutes (0.75 hours) to make a single unit of labeled containers with a capacity of 800 hours.
Thus, the overall production capacity is 800 hours divided by 0.75 hours.
What Is The Typical Speed Of Bottle Applicator?
It is entirely dependent on the specific technical features of the equipment.
Moreover, the type of label and size of the container also determine the average speed of this machine.
Besides, most modern machines come with different speed parameter settings allowing you to set an ideal speed.
Simply put, there is no definitive speed for this equipment.
Instead, it varies based on many elements, including the few ones mentioned above.
Can Square Bottle Labeling Machine Apply Multiple Labels On A Bottle?
Most square bottle labeling machines used nowadays are quite advanced and come with features, which allow multiple label applications.
It is common in applications where the container needs to have more than one label.
Essentially, this is an ideal option to consider, especially when producing a large volume within shortest time possible.
Manual Bottle Labeling Machine
Semi-automatic Labeling Machine
For all your square bottle label applicators from China, contact SaintyCo now.