Toothpaste Filling Machine: The Ultimate Guide
I know you are looking for reliable and cost effective toothpaste filling machine for your business. A reason this guide explores everything you need to know about toothpaste filling machine. Keep reading to learn more.
1. What Is Toothpaste Filling Machine?
A toothpaste filling machine is an equipment that you should use to fill a container with a paste used for oral hygiene.
The machine has several different pastes in different colours. You can either use them separately or as one.
toothpaste filling machine
2. Benefits Of Toothpaste Filling Machine
A filling machine is an equipment that is very useful when it comes to filling products into different containers such as tubes, bags, pouches, and many others.
The benefits of a toothpaste filling machine include;
1. Its operational costs are low.
The toothpaste filling machine uses very high speeds during the whole process, reducing operating costs.
2. The machine allows one to make use of a lot of different pastes.
The choice of paste one uses determined by the type of product being packaged.
3. With a toothpaste filling machine, you have improved change over time.
4. A toothpaste filling machine is very efficient and effective; with it, one can achieve the best results.
5. For any business to grow, you have to be a reliable producer.
When using a toothpaste filling machine, you are assured of reliable and consistent results.
The device is entirely accurate and very fast.
6. The machine is versatile. You can be able to produce a variety of shapes and sizes using the toothpaste filling machine.
3. Features To Look For In Toothpaste Production Line
There are some features one should look for in a toothpaste production line, and they include;
- It only requires little labour input. The machine does everything independently and requires little to no manual labour.
- The toothpaste filling machine has a digital adjustment system for filling volume.
- The machine has a compact built design, is of high quality and is very fast.
- Its filling nozzle is very effective. It ensures proper filling and sealing of the product.
- PLC with a touch screen control system.
- It is made up of automatic feeding, filling and sealing parts.
- The machine is made up of advanced equipment construction. Some parts are made up of stainless steel material.
- The machine has a structure that is very easy to clean and maintain. You can disassemble some parts for proper cleaning and maintenance.
- The machine has an air blowing unit which protects the filling and sealing quality.
4. Parts Of Toothpaste Filling Machine
- Safety system – protects against unwanted mishaps and emergencies
- Plunger valve – responsible for dispensing the right amount of product
- Filling nozzles – controls the flow of liquid into a container
- Hopper – it is a funnel-like device accountable for moving material from one place to another
- Frame – this is the support system of the machine
- Coding jaws – this is where you can easily and quickly set up the machine
- Discharge unit – this device enables products from the tank to fill up the tubes
- Motor – provides enough power to the machine to do its work
- Emergency stop
- Control unit – this device is responsible for different commands on the machine.
- Cooling unit – this is where sealing takes place.
- Tube container – this is where empty tubes are stored
- Sensor – a sensor detects the tube and then fills it. Without detection, there will be no filling
tooth paste filling machine parts
- Rotary unit – this is where the tubes are placed and are moved continuously for feeding
- Tube holder – this part supports the tube during filling
- Tank – this is where the products that will be fill up the tubes are hold
5. Toothpaste Tube Filling Machine Mechanisms
When it comes to toothpaste filling, there are four different principles that one can use.
These principles are;
- Volumetric filling – this involves the use of volumetric fillers and gravity fillers.
- Vacuum filling – this principle involves vacuum pumps and cell feeding.
The vacuum pump pours the paste slowly from the hopper into the cell.
- Gravity filling – the paste flows to the tube through gravity hence the name.
The filling time of nozzles is programmed, and the right amount of paste is filled into the tube.
- Piston filling – this principle involves the use of piston fillers.
The paste is poured into a cylinder then the piston pushes the paste into the tube.
6. Sealing Mechanisms In Toothpaste Filling Machine
The following are the sealing mechanisms in a toothpaste filling machine;
- Ultrasonic sealing
- High-frequency sealing
- Hot jaw tube sealing
7. How Tooth Tube Filling Machine Sealing Machine Works
A toothpaste tube filling machine works in follows in three ways.
The first step is tube feeding, then tube filling, followed by tube sealing, and finally tube coding.
The empty tube is fed into the machine and automatically moved to the rotary table.
Depending on how the machine was programmed, you can use a nozzle with paste at different speeds.
There are several filling techniques one can use.
Once the filling is done, the rotary table moves the tube to the sealing unit.
At the sealing unit, the tube is sealed by mechanical clamps.
The last step is where the tube is coded.
Information such as the expiry date, manufacturing date, and other information is printed on the tube.
The products are then discharged to the collecting unit.
toothpaste tube filling process
8. Applications Of Toothpaste Filling Machine
Many industries have benefited from using these machines since they are not only used to fill toothpaste.
The devices are used to fill a lot of other products.
Some of the industries include;
- The food industry. The food industry uses the toothpaste filling machine to fill some products such as tomato paste, mayonnaise, and many others.
- Pharmaceutical industry. The machine is used to fill medicinal creams and ointments into tubes.
The toothpaste filling machine is often used for paste-like medicines that most people apply to their skin.
- Stationary industry.
The stationary industry also widely uses the toothpaste filling machine to fill different types of paints used to colour into tubes.
- Pet industry. So many pet products such as washes are filled using the toothpaste filling machine.
- Cosmetic industry. The toothpaste filling machine is widespread in the cosmetic industry.
This is because most of the products they make require a device like it to fill the products into them.
- Hygiene products such as hand sanitizers also require a toothpaste filling machine.
9. Benefits Of Toothpaste Tube Filling Machine With Cartoning Functionality
- A toothpaste tube filling machine with a cartoning functionality is quite effective. This is because one does not have to use a different device to carton the tube.
- Using a toothpaste tube filling machine with cartoning functionality helps you save money.
Instead of buying two pieces of equipment for the two functions, you get one machine that can do both.
- You can save on floor space with a toothpaste tube filling machine with cartoning functionality.
One machine occupies less space compared to two.
- You can save time when using this kind of machine.
Since it is one machine that can accommodate more than one function.
It can work faster compared to using two different pieces of types of equipment.
- A toothpaste tube filling machine with cartoning functionality helps lower operational costs.
The machine uses less power compared to using two different equipment.
10. Types Of Toothpaste Filling Machine
A toothpaste filling machine comes in different forms.
Each kind performs differently and has different features. They also come at different prices depending on how they work.
These are the main types of toothpaste filling machines found today;
Manual Toothpaste Filling Machine
This filling machine is highly utilized in small or upcoming businesses. The manual machine mostly depends on physical labour.
Most of the processes are done manually and do not depend on electricity. The manual toothpaste filling machine can be used where there is no electricity.
Manual toothpaste filling machine
A manual machine is cheaper, but its production volume is relatively slow.
Semi-automatic Toothpaste Filling Machine
A semi-automatic toothpaste filling machine depends on both manual labour and machines.
Some parts of the machine are not automatic and will require a person to do the work. For example, feeding the tubes into the machine is done manually.
The person working on the machine is also responsible for removing the tubes from the filling station after the filling is done.
semi automatic toothpaste filling machine
This machine is suitable for upcoming businesses that expect medium-scale production.
The semi-automatic machines are faster than the manual and slower than the automatic machines.
Automatic Toothpaste Tube Filling Machine
All large-scale businesses use the automatic toothpaste tube filling machine. These machines offer very high volume production in a short time.
The automatic machine is fully automated and programmed to run independently.
When working with an automatic machine, manual labour is very minimal.
The whole process does not require any physical assistance from the beginning to the end.
Automatic toothpaste tube filling machine
11. Toothpaste Tube Filling And Sealing Machine Maintenance
Anybody with a machine knows very well that maintaining the machine is one of the most important things one can do.
Regular maintenance of a machine will result in longevity of the machine, will increase the machine’s efficiency, and will also avoid mechanical issues, thus saving costs that were to be used on repairs.
The following are some of the ways one can maintain a tube filling and sealing machine;
Clean the Machine Often.
When using any machine, it is expected to get dirty or accumulate dust.
The machine should be dusted regularly and cleaned to ensure it remains clean.
If the tube cartoning machine is used for long without regular clean-up, it might cause issues to the machine and affect its working.
Machine lubrication is one of the most critical steps in maintaining a tube filling and sealing machine.
A machine cannot work well without oil lubrication, mainly done on the moving parts of the machine because of friction.
Clean the parts well, then lubricate them with oil.
Regular Maintenance Check on the Machine.
A maintenance check means looking at the machine parts and ensuring everything is in order.
You may expose some parts of the machine to water resulting in rusting, and can be noticed during the maintenance check.
Change Machine Parts Regularly.
Anybody working with a machine knows that spare parts are essential.
When a machine has been used continuously for a long, some parts tend to wear off quickly.
Some features are pretty long-lasting and do not need to be changed frequently.
For a machine to work effectively and for one to avoid excessive damage to the machine, the parts need to be changed.
12. Troubleshooting Toothpaste Tube Filling And Sealing Machine
- One side of the sealing is firm, but the other is not
- Inaccurate filling volume
- The toothpaste machine is not working
- Sharp edges from the sides of the toothpaste
- The bottom heating spray contains the product
- Codes printed on both sides of the tube
- The printer does not work
13. Types Of Toothpaste Tube Material
Toothpaste is a viscous product that mostly is squeezed out of its package.
The toothpaste tube material is very effective and long-lasting compared to products that are in glass or plastic packages.
The materials used on toothpaste tubes are pretty cheap, protecting the product well and improving its shelf life.
The following are the types of toothpaste tube material;
- Aluminium toothpaste tubes – Aluminum toothpaste tubes offer high protection to the paste.
The downside of using these tubes is that they don’t return to their original shape after squeezing out the product.
- Plastic toothpaste tubes, also known as polyethene tubes, are the most common for toothpaste.
They are cheaper and quite effective.
- Laminated tubes are mostly made of plastic and are laminated to provide extra protection to the product.
For all your toothpaste filling machines, contact us now.